Christian Weddings

Re: Dear FI/DH Friday

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI,
    You telling me that you "decided that you're excited" about marrying me on the phone Thursday night made my week, if not my month! And seeing you last night was awesome!! Thank you for putting up with this whole distance thing. Thank you for being the man and keeping me grounded and stable when all I want to do is freak out and cry, quit and give up. I am soo lucky and glad to have you.
    Love,
    Your FI
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Dear FI,
    I can't believe we put an offer on a house today. I feel so grown up!! And I hope that we can get the house!! I'll see you tonight!

Love,
    Me
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Dear FI,
      I am learning sooo much about you with our pre-marital mentoring and i LOVE it!!! This week was hectic and busy with all the planning we have been doing but i am soo blessed to have you by my side in it all! 
      You are going to look soooooo good on the wedding! (: 
      I know that it seems like we are in over our heads with the bills but i trust God. we will have a beautiful wedding and still be able to eat  the next month - i promise. 

Thank you for being such a GOOD man and for choosing me! 

i love you!

love, 
    your rib
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI,

Spending a few days with you last week was amazing!  I loved setting up the apartment together and having a few hours for "us" time, too.  It's hard to believe that 2 weeks from today, we'll be getting ready for rehearsal.  Where has the time gone?  I can't wait for you to FINALLY be my husband. 

I know you don't really understand why I felt icky after my doctor's appointment yesterday, but thank you for being understanding and sympathetic.  Next year, a quart of chocolate ice cream and a back rub should help. :)

Love you so much,
    Me :)
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI, I just love you. Thank you for being everything to me. I'm so happy you're my husband. Love, Your wife.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Dear FI,

I'm working on the thank you notes for last week's shower.  I wish your handwriting wasn't so bad so that you could actually help me with them.... oh well.  The challenges of womanhood, right?

Anyway... I haven't seen you ALL week and it's been hard!  I am working REALLY hard to find a job in some of the places we have talked about moving to, and I'm doing everything I can to follow up on those opportunities so that our "family" can start on a great financial footstep when school starts in August and we're husband and wife ....

It's hard to believe it is coming so fast!  I think we are around 50 days to go now .... CRAZY!!

:-)

~ your "one and only."
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Husband-Man,

Just when I was ready to have it out over housework and how I'm doing a disproportionate amount of it, you go and be all sweet.  The note you left on the mirror for me last night made my week.  Thank you for noticing what I've been doing around the house, and thank you for stepping up yesterday and doing some of your chores too.  Can't wait to hang out with you tonight, I feel like I've hardly seen you this week!

Love,
    Wife
  • edited December 2011
    My Studmuffin,

Thank you for being my support through everything, especially this past week. From my sister running away, to my grandpa dying, to me trying to figure out where to go from here, you still love me. You don't always understand but being with you or just talking on the phone, you are always encouraging and supportive. I don't know where I'd be without you! Maybe God will use this to strengthen our relationship and to teach us faith. 

Life changes quickly, as last week proved. Looking forward to GOOD changes to happen soon!

Love from your Cupcake
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    dear FI...

thank you for realizing how disappointed I was when we found out that my BMs didn't want to host any showers or parties because it was "so much work" and they waited too long and it's "too late now".  the "shower you with love and affection" shower invitation you gave me was very cute and made me feel a little bit better about it.  so here's my RSVP... I'll be there!

love,
    you bride
  • edited December 2011
    Dear FI,

I am so happy we have new techniques to try from pre-marital counseling! It will be tough, but exciting! Also, it made me smile SO big when Pastor B told me that you said you "hit the jackpot" when you found me. That's how I feel about YOU! The lucky one is ME! Thank you for being wonderful! 

Love, 
    Your Future Wife 

(PS... Special... I am so sorry for your loss) 
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, I love reading everyone's letters!  Some of your FI's are really sweet ... mine doesn't always show his thoughtfulness in those ways but he is definitely working on it!  :-)  

And a random thought ... about 5 years ago, (before I even knew the guy who is my FI), reading stuff like this would have made me go "barf barf barf ..," LOL!  In the words of one of the guys at our church, that's "sticky stuff"!!!  Anyway.... random thought passing through ... and back to normal programming... :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards