Kentucky-Louisville

hair and make-up??

i'm getting married the first of october and my friend who was gonna do my hair and make up just backed out on me! :( i never get my hair done or anything so i wouldn't know who to go to or not go to in town. anyone have any suggestions that aren't too pricey? i'm getting married in jeffersonville but anywhere in louisville is fine :) thanks!
image image
Photobucket
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hair and make-up??

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about prices, but I get my hair colored/cut at LeBliss in St. Mathews. www.leblisssalon.com They're a full salon and spa. I also have a friend in MIddletown that is a hairdresser. She rents her booth from the salon. I can get you her info for you if you're interested.
  • edited December 2011

After doing a lot of price shopping, I decided on Looking Glass Salon and Spa on Spring Street in New Albany.  I had them do my makeup for my engagement pics as a trial and it turned out great.  It was like 95 degrees outside with 100% humidity and we were outside taking pictures for 2 hours and the makeup didn't melt or wear off in any way.  You can go to their website for their pricing http://www.lookingglassspa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=30

but I can tell you that the cost of hair and makeup with a trial hair run for the bride is $135.  It went up a little from the first time I talked to them back in May (it was $115).  I am also having my bridesmaids hair done for $38 each and my MOH's hair and makeup for $63.  My daughters are my jr. bridesmaid and flower girl and their hair is only $15.  So its worth it to consider if your bridal party wants to get their hair done there also.

They said that they set up the space for your wedding party exclusively and they assign 3 different hair and makeup technicians to work on everybody.  They provide free refreshments that include both drinks and snacks.  We are spending 3 hours there on October 16 for 8 people.

• edited December 2011
    I forgot to tell you, they are running a special right now, it might expire sometime in the next couple of days I'm not sure, but if you buy a $50 gift card you get $10 free so if you wanted to spend the $135 on your hair and makeup and hair trial, you could buy $100 in gift certificates and get $20 free.  So it will really only end up costing you $115.

I am going to be calling tomorrow to purchase my gift cards.  They said they will hold them on file for me until the day we need to use them.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair was done by Angela Priddy at Bravada Salon, off Hurstbourne @ I-64.  She's awesome!  Her updos are $50, and I can't say enough good things about her. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    I always see lots of brides where I go... Joseph's Salon and Spa :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards