Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Local honeymoon suggestions?

FI and I were just talking honeymoon stuff last night. I really really want to do something tropical/beachy. Just because. But It's a little out of our budget to go to Mexico or something immediately after the wedding so we are talking of doing it like January 2014 when we are tired of Minnesota winter and need a warm break! We still want a long weekend getaway somewhere within driving distance so I guess we'll see what we come up with. Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Local honeymoon suggestions?

• Lansboro is a really cute little town and fairly close to the cities, or Madeline Island in Wisconsin...you drive your car onto a ferry boat to get there :)
  • Going to Duluth and staying at Fitgers or a Bed and Breakfast would be awesome. Or you could go a little further North and stay at Bluefin Bay, which is one of our favorite spots.

Redwing or Stillwater would also be good options and a little closer of a drive.
  • I found a nice (and well reviewed) B&B in Grand Marais. Will have to check out the other places too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were originally thinking Chase on the Lake in Walker, but because of the driving it would be for us (in the dead of a MN winter), we decided to go somewhere more local...Whitefish Lodge in Crosslake.  We were able to book a jacuzzi suite so we are happy with it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards