September 2012 Weddings

Is this super weird???

So... I decided to wait until the last minute to get a sand ceremony frame.  I want a picture frame that the sand can go in with a picture so it's more decorative.  Well, I guess I waited too long cause it's iffy if it would get here in time.  Bummer.  I don't want to do one in just a jar cause having a jar of sand sitting around the house is just pointless to me.  Plus FI hates the idea of a jar of sand sitting around.  We're having an outdoor ceremony so unity candle is out, and again, I don't want a candle just sitting around.

So FI (jokingly) suggested we do a cinnamon-sugar ceremony.  LOL.  Instead of pouring sand together all decoratively, we pour cinnamon and sugar together.  Then we can use it on toast and stuff like that after the wedding is over.  It cracked me up, but honestly I'm not hating the idea.  Is that too weird?  I'm planning on ordering the sand ceremony frame, but if it doesn't get here in time, I need a backup...

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

Re: Is this super weird???

• OMG that is so cute!!! LOL its definitely different and you could totally use it!
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • I LOVE the idea.  It is sweet (no pun intended) and practical and considering how long a whole jar of cinnamon sugar will last you, will make you smile for a long time every time you use it until it is all gone (then time to renew your vows haha).  I've always got the impression you are an original couple anyways so I think you should go for it.  I've see/heard of people do mixed drinks where they blend two types of cocktails.  I thought it was fun but hard liquor also should be left alone until the reception.  So I think this fun, original idea is great!  And, everytime you fight (it happens), you can always just make him toast with you special cinnamon sugar to say I'm sorry!
  • edited September 2012
    That is a fantastic idea!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_is-this-super-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:55ac686d-478c-417d-a24a-09dd6bc7aa57Post:33300153-3bdc-41ae-a69a-f21969950fa6">Is this super weird???</a>:
    [QUOTE]So... I decided to wait until the last minute to get a sand ceremony frame.  I want a picture frame that the sand can go in with a picture so it's more decorative.  Well, I guess I waited too long cause it's iffy if it would get here in time.  Bummer.  I don't want to do one in just a jar cause having a jar of sand sitting around the house is just pointless to me.  Plus FI hates the idea of a jar of sand sitting around.  We're having an outdoor ceremony so unity candle is out, and again, I don't want a candle just sitting around. So FI (jokingly) suggested we do a cinnamon-sugar ceremony.  LOL.  Instead of pouring sand together all decoratively, we pour cinnamon and sugar together.  Then we can use it on toast and stuff like that after the wedding is over.  It cracked me up, but honestly I'm not hating the idea.  Is that too weird?  I'm planning on ordering the sand ceremony frame, but if it doesn't get here in time, I need a backup...
    Posted by MrsBassPlaya[/QUOTE]
    OMG why didn't I think of that. lol jk. That's so cute. i would totally use it.
    Can i steal it from you? I'd be the cinammon since i'm dark. lol I'm kidding
  • You can use whatever you want.  We just like some cinnamon sugar toast as a snack in the evenings sometimes as something sweet but not too terrible, so we figured it'd be a fun idea.  Thanks to all the ladies who said this is a good idea.  I think it'd be cute  and very "us."  I told FI that you ladies liked the idea, and he seemed all happy about it.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• I'm a baker so I just absolutely love the idea of usable decor. :)
  • Think its a great idea, and so new! Truely makes it yours, plus its a bonus that fi thought of it, cause it makes him more invested and pride of input! My FI LOVES when his ideas get incorporated- makes it more personal for them as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards