African American Weddings

09/28/2012

when should  i order my  dress i  dont want  it to  sit in the closet for  a year.Dec of  next yr?

Re: 09/28/2012

• edited December 2011
    My wedding is 9/7/2012, I am going to buy my dress next year around this same time. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would say if you fall in love with a dress and you are going to get a beyond amazing price on it (like a once and a lifetime price) then go for it, but if not you can wait. The woman at one store told me that I should order my dress no later than 6 months prior to your date. 9 months would be the best timing.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Since it so far. I would wait until next year to start looking. You dont want to buy a dress now, then the new season of dresses come out and you fall in love with something else.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I agree with KSTURGIS. You don't wanna fall in love and have to unload a year old wedding dress.... I say unless you have already found "the one", then hold off on your search until closer to your wedding date. 
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I would start looking August 2011. But I heard 9-10 months out is a good idea. Good luck. I definitely wouldn't look yet though. There will be so much beautiful stuff unleashed next year that you may fall in love with something else. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards