Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Bella Sera Bridal

Has anyone bought a dress from Bella Sera Bridal shop in Danvers, MA or looked at this store for a dress?  If so, did you like the store, was the service good, prices decent, etc.  Please let me know.  I noticed on their website, that they're having some trunk shows, and thought I might check it out.  Thanks.

Re: Bella Sera Bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They have a good selection with reasonable prices.  However, I didnt have the best experience there.  The service was very ehh.  I did have a great experience at French Bridals in Beverly, the consultant that I worked with (Anne) really listened to what i was looking for and pulled great dresses. I have gone shopping for bridesmaids dresses at precious memories in malden.  The bridal section at precious memories seems amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I thought it was just eh. However, others rave about them so I'd check them out and see for yourself.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress and my bridesmaid dresses at Bella Sera and I thought the service was great and that they had a good selection.
    Their prices for their dresses are fair but I suggest if you buy your dress there going elsewhere for alterations. Their alterations pricing was very high.

Good luck
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bella Sera with my sister (who is also planning a wedding now), and we were both not very impressed with the service.  My ssiter did find one dress she really liked, but I was underwhlemed with the amount of selections they had.

Additionally, after the appointment at Bella Sera we went to Gianna's Bridal in Stoneham and found the same exact Paloma Blanca dress my sister fell in love with at Bella Sera for $500 less.  (I ordered my dress from Gianna's, which is the reason we looked there)  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress there as did my MOH who is getting married 2 months after me... we were both very happy.  The prices were very reasonable and I worked with Heidi who is a co-owner and she was great!  Me personally, I only heard terrible things about French Bridals in Beverly. 

I have not made it to the point where I am thinking about alterations so I can not speak to those yet. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Bella Sera and also worked with Heidi who was really great. She pulled dresses that were in my price range and I fell in love with a Casablanca gown which ended up being my choice. She was very accommodating to my family who was also with me and to my aunt who had a broken foot and hobbled up the stairs. I will also be going there for their Bridesmaid Brunch with my girls in the winter and hopefully finding their BM dresses there as well.
  • Options
    chubbybunnychubbybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with Bella Sera. I found the women to be extremely helpful and accomodating. They are perhaps slightly on the pricey side, and I agree with PP, the alterations were VERY expensive, so I'd see about getting them done elsewhere. Good luck!
  • Options
    backbaybridebackbaybride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did not have a great experience at Bella Sera.  I thought that the samples were in bad condition (ie the zippers were not working).  In addition, my consultant seemed to be double booked and paid very little attention to me.  Having shopped first at Priscilla of Boston and L'elite I was sort of shocked at the lack of service.  I have heard fabulous things about the owners, so if you do go I would be sure to make an appointment when they are there.  I went on a day when they were not in the store and I wonder if that led to my poor experience?

As a side note, Madeleine's Daughter was absolutely amazing!!  It took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there from the city but it was definitely worth it.  I highly recommend checking it out before purchasing.  :)

• Options
    L-BrideL-Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved working with Heidi as Bella Sera, she's one of the owners. You're best idea is to make an appointment. If you just walk in they won't be able to pay much attention to you since they're usually with other booked appointments. However, the only negative I do have is the treatment me and I MIL received when my dress actually came in. When I initially ordered the dress they had me put 50% down. They said when the dress came in they would call, I would come in and try the dress on again, and then pay the remaining balance on the dress. 
    They called me about 5 months later and told me my dress was in and scheduled me to come in that week to try the dress on. When I came in there was a woman working who was in a wretched mood. She looked angry we were there (even though I had an appointment) and didn't even greet us or approach us for at least 10 minutes. We figured she was having a bad night and didn't say anything and we looked at the jewelry. 
    When she finally came over she grumpily retrieved my dress and took off again. She was helping another bride but I was very uncomfortable with her attitude. I came out of the dressing room and my MIL couldn't figure out how to hook the dress. We kept trying to get her attention so she could show me how to hook it (the sample was too big so I had never used the hooks before) for no lie- a half an hour. My MIL went over to her and told her we needed help and she. was. pissed. She had a hard time with the hook also, which big surprise annoyed her. I then got the impression that she did alterations and asked her about scheduling them. I asked her if I could come earlier for them and she snapped at me that she has never needed more time with any bride's alterations. Fair enough but I went elsewhere for alterations. 
    I actually do recommend this place but I would try and make an appointment to try on dresses with one of the owners Heidi or Lisa. They also matched my dress price to another shop that was going to give me a cheaper price. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards