Honeymoon Discussions

Anyone been to Iberostar?

iberostar grand hotel bavaro in P*unta Cana, DR is the one we are going to for our 1st anniv. in April. 

Has anyone stayed with these hotels before?  good? bad?
It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone been to Iberostar?

• I was there in 2006 it was nice but I've seen been back to other hotels I've enjoyed more.  If I remember correctly, most of the restaurants are not air conditioned and the beach is busy so get up early to claim a beach chair!  The food/drink was comparable to other resorts, don't expect top shelf, but there are endless drinks so don't worry. :)  The beach is beautiful and the staff very friendly.

Enjoy!
    Andrea
  • Did you go to the Grand Bavaro?
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My SIL HMed there last July and loved it so much that my ILs went there this past March.

Both couples absolutely loved it.  The only complaint my ILs had (they went early April, like I'm assuming you'll be going) is that it was hard to get pool and beach seats b/c it was always crowded with Spring Breakers.  MIL said that one of them had to wake up early and stake out spots, otherwise they couldnt' get chairs!

• I’m getting married at the grand Rose Hall this May.  I have had several family members stay at the grand in Mexico and Rose Hall.  From everything i have heard it is top notch service, very very clean and and overall great experience (hence why I’m getting married there).  Plus, Trip Advisor gives the Iberostar Grand’s glowing reviews.  You really have to search for negative comments.  I don't have any direct information about the DR, but I would assume you will have a similar experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards