September 2013 Weddings

Questionable Bridesmaid

My FI and I decided on our wedding party. Mostly family, but we each have 2 friends in it. There is one more guy than there is girls in the wedding party. I am trying to decide on another girl, because all of the guys that are in the wedding are family and his 2 closest friends that he has been friends with for years and he def. wants them in the wedding. My brother and his girlfriend have been dating for almost 6 years, but are not negaged or anything. I have never been very close to her and have never been a real big fan of her. My family thinks i should have her as my other bridesmaid since she has been around for so long, and my brother plans on marrying her sometime but not for awhile. I am stuck on having another one of my friends in it or just having her in it. Opinions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Questionable Bridesmaid

• Personally, I don't think you have to have an even number of bridesmaids and groomsmen.  I think if it's an odd number, you can still make it work.  I don't think you should ask someone to be your bridesmaid if you think there's a chance you'll regret it later.  Six years is a long time to be dating, but you said you've never been a big fan of hers.  Do you want someone like that in your wedding party?
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Agreed -- you shouldn't have anyone in the wedding party that is "questionable". What about having your extra dude do a reading or something other than be a groomsman? This is, of course, if you are set on having an even number. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • IMO, even numbers are not necessary. We'll be having uneven sides. Picking someone questionable sounds like it's bound to be a headache later down the road, especially if you're not a big fan.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have decided not to have her in it. Thanks for the advice, it doesnt seem right to have someone in it just because. Thanks for your help girls!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards