Favors

In-Room bags for Out of Town Guests

I'd like to provide welcome bags for out of town guests in the hotel rooms and am starting to think about what goodies I can get!  So far I plan to include a printed list of suggested things to do in the area and the details of the wedding day activities (times, addresse etc), some bottled water, advil or tylenol and probably some sort of granola bar and candy - maybe M&Ms or Kisses... 

Any thoughts on other good munchies to provide???  What have you enjoyed getting or wanted when traveling to a wedding food or otherwise that the hosts can leave for you?

Re: In-Room bags for Out of Town Guests

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something of sustenance... some apples, oranges, or other durable fruit?

Definitely info on the surrounding area, activities they can do, recommended restaurants, transit information if necessary.
  • edited December 2011
    in my OOT bags I did
    *water
    *mini soda cans
    *chex mix
    *crackers
    *gum
    *advil
    *ear plugs
    *sleep mask
    *candy bars
    *deck of cards
    *granola bars

and then I added a few different things to those who had young children
    *juice boxes
    *gold fish crackers
    *fruit snacks
    *coloring books & crayons

plus a small personal touch for each room ranging from trashy magazines to pool toys depending on the guest.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did: water, pretzels, peanuts, mints, Kleenex, photosharing cards, itinerary, wet wipes, and Texas pecan pralines--PIB.

When I come off a plane, the first thing I want is water so that's a biggie for me.  I have heard of girls doing mini-bottles of wine or champagne too.
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much what PPs have said, but you also may want to add something unique to the area, especially for guests that have never visited the area before. 

I'm including:
    Welcome brochure from VistaPrint with a list of local restaurants, the weekend schedule, important phone numbers, and local attractions
    Current pizza coupons
    Map of the area
    Maine visitor's guide
    LL Bean catalog
    Card with directions to the ceremony venue
    Maine postcard
    Poland Spring water (bottled in Maine!)
    Bag of potato chips
    Salt water taffy
    and a Whoopie pie

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Plumbb2Plumbb2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to do this as well but  was thinking of doing things that people might of forgotten to pack. Disposable razor pink and blue, mini bottle of body wash from bath and body works, or mini shampoos and conditioners. I know they give you that stuff in the hotel rooms but they are always so awful and make my hair dry. You could also do thing like a scented candle.  
  • edited December 2011
    Same as PP, but I would also google stuff in your specific area. I know Pittsburgh does a "Welcome to Pittsburgh" basket that is specifically for OOT wedding guests that has things special to Pittsburgh (snacks, attraction ideas, in a cute little trolley box for Mr. Rogers). It might be nice for people if they've never been to the area before and easy because someone else puts everything together for you :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great ideas - thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards