October 2014 Weddings

I'm engaged!

I'm so excited to be here! Recently engaged and ready to start planning! So far, just an approx. date. What was the first thing you started with?

Re: I'm engaged!

• Hi there, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm in the same boat. Just an approximate date, we're thinking Oct.4th 2014. But that can always change. I would say the next biggest thing we have worked on is our guest list, since that will make or break our budget. We pretty much know who will be there, immediate family and close friends and family. We have a few friends in there but in 2 years time, who knows what can/will/might change. we have a cap of 175 people and I personally think we'll be about 150, but at least we have some cushin to work with.
  • Congratulations, Future Mrs. Reyna!! Guest list good call....we've talked about that too. Do we keep it small and just invite family and close friends, or people we work w/ etc. If we do the large group, it would be about 250 guests! yikes! We want to keep cost down, but also don't want people to feel left out. Do you think people would actually feel left out? You're right, our friends may change in the next couple of years...
    Being 2 years out, when will you pick your colors? It is pretty important to pick early, yet I want colors that will be in style. 
    I actually just started with little things, extras...looking into Guestbooks, Favors...just as a fun place to start...finding meaningful, unique things. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_im-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:03a72242-3506-498a-9df2-00cb16faa0a3Post:4454b206-b23e-4461-9809-a022b758ed47">Re: I'm engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm in the same boat. Just an approximate date, we're thinking Oct.4th 2014. But that can always change. I would say the next biggest thing we have worked on is our guest list, since that will make or break our budget. We pretty much know who will be there, immediate family and close friends and family. We have a few friends in there but in 2 years time, who knows what can/will/might change. we have a cap of 175 people and I personally think we'll be about 150, but at least we have some cushin to work with.
    Posted by FutureMrsReyna[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrads to you lucly ladies as well! Me and my fiance are also thinking Oct. 4th, 2014! Its so exciting to have a (non-official but most likley) date! Oct. 4th has a special meaning bc Oct 2nd, 2009 was out first date, Oct. 3rd, 2009 was our first kiss so we though Oct, 4th 2014 for our wedding would work out perfectly! Since we havn't secured a venue yet (still looking) the date could possibly change but I hope not! The first thing we did was think what month and year would work best for us to get married. We are both students now so we thought it would be most ideal for both of us to graduate and be working full time to start out our married life. </div><div>Then we started looking at venues (ik we have almost two years but I've been told the time is gona fly!) </div><div>We then each made rough lists of our families and close friends, as well as a few of our parent's/family friends who we wanted to come to the wedding. Although we both have big familiies we want a small wedding so we decided on having a big engagement party this august to include everyone. I know no matter what some people are going to be hurt if they are not invited to the ceremony, but we are young and do not have the budget for a huge wedding. We actually prefer a smaller wedding so we get a more intimate feel. </div><div>Since it is a long term engagement, we decided to wait until next year to announce the bridal party.</div><div>Then we looked at colors and I've been looking at decorating ideas. My fiance's favorite color is red and I love the color as well so weve been thinking red and grey for our fall wedding :) </div><div>So thats where we started, hope it helps! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards