New York
Options

Wedding Update Wednesday

What have you all been up to this past week?  Can't believe it's February 1st!
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    I had a great time at home this past weekend, so nice to be back in NY.
    -Had my cake tasting on Saturday, yum!  We decided on white cake with raspberry for the top tier, devils chocolate cake with raspberry for the middle tier, and white cake with lemon for the bottom tier.
    -Dad and brother got measured for their tuxes.
    -Met with the florist, and chose all flowers and where to place them.  Purple hydrangeas, white roses, purple carnations, and green spray roses are pretty much the main flowers.
    -Stopped at Ventosa to pick up 100 corks.  Time to start cutting them up for the escot cards.
    My invitations are arriving today!  Can't wait for UPS to stop by.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Met with the site coordinator and planned the menu, booked rooms for the wedding party, and hashed out a price. Love that there's no cork fee or cake cutting fees!!

We sent out the Save-the-Dates last week, and surprise surprise, people are coming that we thought were not!!! Good thing we were way under the maximum allowed (by about 40 people), as we knew this could happen!!

We will be spending a lot of time planning the ceremony, and meeting with the pastor  in the next couple of weeks.

Oh! And will be ordering BM gifts this week when I get around to it :-)
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Going DIY crazy! Started making BM's earrings and bracelets, painted chalkboard table numbers, working on peeling labels off of dozens of wine bottles (this is so tedious) to use for vases and candle holders, had massive amounts of burlap and organza delivered for table runners and draping, decorated FG baskets with tulle and handmade fabric rosettes....I'm trying to check off as many little details as possible, and it's exhausting! I'm also getting ready to send out invitations and I'm super excited about a couple recent Etsy purchases- a vintage lace necklace and organic vegan burlap ballet flats. Oh and I bought my earrings yesterday. Chipping away at the list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was out of town this past weekend and will be again this weekend. This means nothing gets accomplished. I slacked off.

Anyone going the bridal expo in Geneva in a few weekends? Just curious. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We got so much done this week! We sent out our Save the Dates and everyone started receiving them today. We also sent in our deposit to the photographer, found a videographer, and a dj. Granted, this was the culmination of months of research and emails but it feels so great to have those big items checked off.  :) This week we are going to focus on registering at a few stores. That should be lots of fun. I'm definitely inspired by all of the DIY activities you ladies are doing; I need to start thinking about that soon!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh, and I didn't know there was a bridal expo coming up. Where in Geneva is it happening? Is it usually big?
  • Options
    I missed Wednesday but I've had a busy week, so wanted to update:

Booked our florist
    Booked our rehearsal dinner
    Booked trolleys as transportation for guests to and from hotel
    Finally for real sent deposits to hair person and photographers
    Lost 6 lbs!!!! (not all in one week)
    Sent reminders to guests about booking their hotel
    Started my one and only DIY project!
  • Options
    It's Wedding World Bridal Expo. It's being held at the Geneva Ramada Lakefront on February 26th. We're getting married on the lake than holding our reception there, so I'm really excited to go!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:7b70c355-ccb7-4cc3-9b1e-b83ab7b96bf1Post:7cbffb61-b0aa-469b-9e92-856f712b1add">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I missed Wednesday but I've had a busy week, so wanted to update: Booked our florist Booked our rehearsal dinner Booked trolleys as transportation for guests to and from hotel Finally for real sent deposits to hair person and photographers <strong>Lost 6 lbs!!!!</strong> (not all in one week) Sent reminders to guests about booking their hotel Started my one and only DIY project!
    Posted by kpdorr[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS!!
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards