Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Groom/Gm attire ideas for outdoor wedding in August (hot hot hot)

The guys had originally talked about suits but then realized its going to be in the 90's (sweatbox!!!).....

so, what are some ideas for the guys so I can pass them on to my fiance ?

shirt and tie for ceremony? with jacket,remove for pics?

No tie but just unbuttoned collar shirts? What "attire code" is that? dressy casual?

I am not so great at the guys clothes, hence my reason for letting them decide.....

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groom/Gm attire ideas for outdoor wedding in August (hot hot hot)

• Options
    I think they can still wear suits, they just should be a summer suit.  Cotton or linen and in a lighter color like tan or dove grey. Seersucker would be AMAZING if they're guys that could pull it off.  

I for one, cannot WAIT until FI has an occasion to wear a suit in really hot weather, because he's dying for an excuse to wear seersucker. 
  • Options
    OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2012
    Have you thought about having the guys in shirts and ties with a full back vest and no jacket?  Just have them all wear black suit pants, lightweight of course!  Then you could purchase the vests and ties for them.  And then they could all wear a white dress shirt. 
  • Options
    PP- I have never heard of seersucker - I'll look it up! What's it like?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The vests are a great idea too!  The tent is air conditioned so its only for the ceremony portion of the wedding day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've even seen people do suspenders with bow ties and hats... but that's only if you're going for a speakeasy look.

ditto vest, shirts and ties.
  • Options
    Consider the sweat-through factor.  How about this - a relatively light weight suit and provide an extra shirt for them to change into for the reception? They'll probably have their coats off then anyway, but coats off and still all sweaty???
  • Options
    You make a great point - after talking to my fiance we have decided on just shirt and slacks....its a backyard wedding anyway so it's fairly casual.

Thanks for all the advice ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards