Wedding Party

Typical spend for bridesmaid gifts?

I am in the process of finalizing my gifts for my bridesmaid and was wondering what the etiquette is for this? Is there suppose to be a price range that I should be working in based on their dress/shoe expense? Also, any suggestions on different/unique gifts?

Re: Typical spend for bridesmaid gifts?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_typical-spend-for-bridesmaid-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:bd3ea915-ce25-4760-86f6-e7036e41d754Post:0a48284d-bdee-46f7-8e29-3d52be061c8e">Typical spend for bridesmaid gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in the process of finalizing my gifts for my bridesmaid and was wondering what the etiquette is for this? Is there suppose to be a price range that I should be working in based on their dress/shoe expense? Also, any suggestions on different/unique gifts?
    Posted by djfajardo620[/QUOTE]

I've gotten gifts as a bridesmaid ranging from $10-$50 mostly. It's based on how much you want to spend, not on any type of formula based on dress cost.

What would they normally like for their birthday? That's what you should get them. If you're absolutely stuck on ideas, post a little bit about their personalities and we can help with suggestions.
  • I don't think there's any correlation.  The cost of their dress is (or should have been) based on their budgets.  the BM gifts are based on your budget.  You don't want to skimp on them of course, but you shouldn't feel like you have to match whatever they spent since you're spending it times 3 or 5 or however many you have.
  • Well first you add the cost of the dress...  Then subtract the gift they gave you at the shower.  Then add the cost of travel to your wedding and then get the square room of that amount and it's what you pay for their bridesmaids gift.

Just kidding. :)  You pay what you can afford to it...for me, I'm doing about $40/girl...my MOH will be about $50.
  • There is no magic formula.  I spent about $25-30 on each girl.  
  • I didn't follow any type of formula I'm spending about $16 on my BM gifts. I found a bunch of make up bags on clearance at Target and got some white flat slippers so the BM can change out of their heels at the reception. I really couldnt afford to spend much more than that.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_typical-spend-for-bridesmaid-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:bd3ea915-ce25-4760-86f6-e7036e41d754Post:d530992c-042f-4f72-b23c-1a776309d58b">Re: Typical spend for bridesmaid gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't follow any type of formula I'm spending about $16 on my BM gifts. I found a bunch of make up bags on clearance at Target and got some white flat slippers so the BM can change out of their heels at the reception. I really couldnt afford to spend much more than that.
    Posted by at_last08[/QUOTE]

<div>Please don't do this.  It's a completely wedding related gift.  I'm sure not every girl is hoping she gets a makeup bag and slippers.  $16 is fine, if spent appropriately.  If I were a BM, most would get me a bottle of wine...or maybe a cool pair of earrings...or a gift card to a new restaurant.  Not another makeup bag.  I already have about 6.</div>
  • My spend varied from BM to BM.  Some I spent $25-30, other's I spent less.

And I'll be perfectly honest, I spent less than $5 on my sister's BM gift (flame away for being cheap), but you know what?  It was the most, absolutely, fantastic perfect gift for her.  I know she loved it more than if I had spent more on something she would never use again or appreciate.

• cute idea to put your gift in. It's all about the presentation!  Very cute to display at your rehearsal dinner.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards