Registry and Gift Forum

Should I really register?

Second time getting married for me...third time for my guy....we are in our late 30's, lots of kids, should we even register somewhere?

I honestly dont' even expect gifts...and we are established as is, I don't need house stuff...wdyt?
Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
 CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!

Re: Should I really register?

• I probably wouldn't register, or maybe make a very small registry with some new linens and things like that. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I would skip it. 
  • Small registry of new linens and upgrades. Some people will want to give physical gifts regardless. Maybe some family board games as well?
  • Add my name to the list suggesting a small registry.  Update your sheets, towels, things of that nature that get old and worn out quickly.  While some people refuse to buy gifts for second weddings, other may still want to recognize the new union.  I'd stick with mostly items under $50 bucks.  Maybe a few items over, for those closer to you that might want to get a big gift, but having more of the lower priced gifts will probably work better.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_should-i-really-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e32ca5b4-2e4c-4b26-8ec0-887eff83433bPost:9f4f80ce-8058-4b90-9061-04c3669c9bbb">Re: Should I really register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]REGISTER. I didn't, and wish I had.  We told everyone who asked that we didn't need a thing, and to just please come. Some people just won't attend a wedding without a gift in hand. I know gifts aren't required. I'm glad they thought of me.  I just feel bad that I have all these white elephants to get rid of, and my dear friends are out their money.  We only got three things that we could use. Look around for things to upgrade, or replace.  You'll get a pile of picture frames, aromatherapy baskets, random knicknacks and re-gifts if you don't.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This makes sense.</div><div>
    </div><div>Ok, I can probably muster up a few things from a site somewhere, then at least if people want too they can. I can' always use/store kitchen towels, etc stuff like that, thanks everyone for your responses :)</div>
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards