Second Weddings
Options

Fiances second wedding my first and Im on a small budget.

I need ideas for a venue. Im thinking a dinner buffet after the wedding ceremony downtown. Just a romantic, simply elegant dinner and maybe by the water. I am open to all suggestions. 
I am on a tight budget may 5-7 thousand dollars.

Re: Fiances second wedding my first and Im on a small budget.

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest posting this on your local board.  This one is international, and few will know anything about Detroit.
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's totally do-able. Look at city/county owned building or clubs (VFW's, MooseLodge, etc) as they usually are cheaper to rent than other venues. There are tons of knotties that have this budget and less! (I'm one of them.) The girls on the Budget board have lots of ideas too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are on the same 5-6k budget range and it is completely doable.  It really comes down to deciding your absolute must.  For us, the most important thing was being able to share the day with our families.  Our first and top priority was having a nice venue and meal without going into debt.  We picked a Sunday morning, as opposed to a weekend, because it was more than 60% cheaper.  We also picked an off season month (the Sunday after Thanksgiving) which help lower the price even more.  I am DIYing all the flowers and even managed to find a designer gown off of ebay for $100. 

The key is to research all of your options and to give yourself time --  craft stores like Michaels are always having sales, and even catering halls can give discounts for the off season. 

Its daunting at first but believe me you can do it!

Congratulations!
  • Options
    LMB311LMB311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's also my FI's second and my 1st. We're doing a destination/Beach wedding, all for about 8k (travel and everything included)...Inviting 60ish people--mainly family and closest friends, and are having a heavy apps reception with an open bar.  Don't know anything about Detroit, but I'd bet you can find something there just as awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards