Louisiana-New Orleans

Grooms Cake!

Has anyone gotten a groom's cake that is sculpted? For instance, some get them sculpted into football stadiums, cars, etc. If so, where did you get it done at and how much did they charge you? I'm trying to create my cake budget and a grooms cake is a must for this southern born and raised bride! Thanks!!

Re: Grooms Cake!

• I know what you mean-- we're getting ours from Sweet Life Bakery.  The more elaborate, the more expensive =)
  • jap5053jap5053 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    Whomever is doing your wedding cake should be able to do your grooms cake however you like! I'm using Cake Designs by Meg. I've since decided on a less elaborate groom's cake to save some money, but she was originally going to do an LSU stadium for $300. Since she's not a part of a bakery, her prices are significantly lower if you are worried about budget. The same cake by The Sweet Life (the only actual bakery we met with) was going to cost me several hundred dollars more. Hope this helps :)
  • We got our grooms cake from Ambrosia Bakery in Baton Rouge.  They do AMAZING grooms cakes.  Ours was a little more low key than some of the others they do.  I've seen stadium cakes and other really cool, creative things on their Facebook page.  Because we got our wedding cake from them too, I'm not sure how much the grooms cake was.  I want to say it was around $300 or $400, but I just dont know for sure.

• Awesome! Thank you all! I'm actually getting a doberge wedding cake from a lady who specializes in them in all different crazy, amazing flavors. She is new in doing wedding cakes, so she is actually pretty cheap! But not good enough at decorating to do grooms cakes yet! haha
  • We are getting are grrom's cake from Gambinos. Its huge and feeds like 400 people and cost us $450 which I didn't think was bad at all. Heres a picture:
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's a lady who works out of her house in Robert, LA which is about an hour from Nola.  My fiance' and I went there when we went to Nola for wedding planning.  Her website pictures were awesome and the cakes we saw for that weekend (we went on a Saturday morning before my friends wedding in Baton Rouge!) were breath taking.  I loved her cakes so much that I'm ordering a groom's cake from her as a surprise for my groom.   Her consultation was fun, informative, very professional and very yummy!  I highly recommend contacting her for a grooms cake or even bridal cake. 

Anyway, her name is Wendy and her bakery is called Sweet Ideas the Cake Shoppe.  Website is www.sweetideasbywendy.com  

Wherever you get it from... enjoy it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards