Canada-Ontario

Hi... i'm new ish

Hey Everyone,

I've been on the Knot for a while but only realized there was a Toronto board 10 minutes ago...wow!

I've been engaged since June 2009 and am getting married on October 9th (2 months to go yipee!).

Did anyone else feel very overwhelmed at the 2 month mark? I'm scared, happy, stressed, excited, hyper, sad...and a whole bunch of other emotions. The only reason why i'm sad is becuase my FI mom passed away just after we go engaged last year.

The wedding is at the Old Mill, and I couldn't be happier!

Just thought i'd stop by and say hello
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi... i'm new ish

• APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Toronto board :)

I am getting married the 25th of Sept - and I am totally overwhelmed. There is so much to do, and worry about, and so much going on at once.

A friend of mine got married at the Old Mill and it was really nice - gorgeous spot.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Yes, I remember the two-month mark being a pretty busy time. Details kept popping up. Parents started to get more and more stressed. (Sorry about your FMIL. This must be a tough time for your FI.) Basically, I couldn't get the wedding off my mind.

That being said, the last two months will fly by! So just continue to savour the anticipation and excitement. I think that's the best part.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • nationalvixennationalvixen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Dad got remarried at the Old Mill and it was beautiful!

• edited December 2011
    Welcome!  The Old Mill is a great venue.  We went there for dinner the other week with people from work.  It's such a nice venue!!!

Don't worry... everything will come into place!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Amanda!!!
    It's Aly--Ryan's old roomie! Congrats to you and Jay; I just found this board as well-seems like a good place for advice. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there

I am also getting married on October 9...congrats to you and your Fiance.

I've been planning for a year and have a handle on most everything but despite that...there is still soooo much tiny stuff to do.  It is only after you get your final guest list can you do a lot of the wedding requirements...so yes I am getting stressed too.

But don't worry.....the main thing is done F&B.  So as long as the F&B is great (which it will be at the old mill) then you have nothing else to worry about and everything else will fall into place. 

good luck
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_hi-im-new-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:5b26d2cc-44fa-41cc-9ebd-6429dc9286bdPost:0da5e978-9238-45bb-a001-11148b74e2e4">Re: Hi... i'm new ish</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Amanda!!! It's Aly--Ryan's old roomie! Congrats to you and Jay; I just found this board as well-seems like a good place for advice. 
    Posted by Alyjane9[/QUOTE]

Hi Aly, I just messaged you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck Amanda with your wedding... Old Mill is stunning !!!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!  FI's parents got married at the Old Mill - we were looking at it as well in the beginning - we needed something more centrally located downtown, but it is beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards