Plus-Sized

dress undergarments

I am having a difficult time finding a long line bra for my wedding dress. I found out my dress was in, but since I thought I had another 3 months, I hadnt gotten one yet. now I need one so i can pick up my dress and take for alterations but I cannot find one that will fit. I normally wear a 44DD, but I have a tummy so that size wont fit. I tried one that was a 48D but it was too tight but the cup size was too large.
Where has everyone gone to get theirs?
Or would I be better off getting an extender and calling it a day?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: dress undergarments

• You could always go with a normal (strapless) bra and then get a waist cincher, or spanx, for some tummy slimming. 

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I lucked out and found one on jcpenny.com for $12 but they didn't have exact sizes (just S M L XL)...I'll admit the cups are slightly too big for me but I'm not going to argue with $12.

I may invest in a better one from the bridal salon I'm buying my gown from. They custom-make the longline bras there and are specifically created with larger women in mind. They're comfortable and slimming (but have a $100 price tag).

Maybe check with where you purchased your dress from? They may have a specific place they recommend and it's possible if you get referred by the dress shop you could get a discount of some kind.

Goodluck!
  • You could either get a normal strapless bra like PP suggested or have cups sewn into your dress.  I'm also having a hard time finding the right bra so I think i'm going to see about adding cups and wearing some sort of spanx the day of.  My dress fitting is Feb. 14th so hopefully I can find something that works by then.
  • I usually opt for a strapless bra and my strapless body magic Long line bras roll up over my well rounded tummy The body magic keeps it in check A high waisted pantie smoother and a strapless bra could work too
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got a longline bra off Amazon (search for Goddess longline bra) and it was reasonably priced for a longline bra. I mean, bridal salons and even department stores sell them for $50-80 and I got mine for $30. The sizing was a little funky (I'm normally a 38DD and I had to get a 42C), but if you read other people's reviews carefully it's not that difficult, and I love mine. I'm also pairing it with a generic pair of spanx from Target to help smooth things out a little in the butt/thighs and prevent chafing. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I ended up buying my from a specialty lingerie store.  I paid alot for it (close to $100) but they were so fantastic in there.  The lady helped me try on every single style they sold and even ordered in the size I needed from a near by city ensuring I'd have it in time for my first fitting.  Sizes vary so much by designer and style.  A 40DD (that's what I usually wear) was swimming on me for some, but waaaay too small for others.  Keep trying them on, don't get discouraged and trust me... it's worth spending the money to find the one that fits perfectly!  You won't regret it when you see your pictures :)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • I bought a great strapless bra and "spanx" style high waisted shaper, both from Avenue.
  • I used to shop at  http://www.lingeriebysusan.com/ before Lane Bryant started carrying their FGH collection. I am a 38 H. I had to spend about $80 on it, but I've worn it several times since I cannot find a regular strapless bra in my size. I usually pair it with a pair of Spanks and I am good to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards