Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Wedding Dress... when to buy and when to try!

Just want to get some ideas/opinions ... I've heard of people buying their wedding dress 3 months to a year in advance, I want to know ... did you feel like you bought at just the right time?? Did you give yourself plenty of time to search until you found the right one? Or did you feel right up to the wire??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress... when to buy and when to try!

• Options
    Just something I found helpful, I was by myself the first time I went shopping.  It wasn't planned that way, I was travelling and found the store of the designer I liked.  It let met try on dresses and figure out what I was looking for and worked on me (it can be very different than you think) so when I went with others I was more focused so I could be the strong voice.  Also, when your order, lie about your wedding date by at least a couple weeks.  Things happen and it's nice to know you have a buffer.  I thought it was well known but just because you decide on a dress and give the salon a deposit doesn't mean they order the dress right then, many sit on it if they have time.  They just want to push you into commiting to them and the dress so they know they have the sale.  My friend had 5 months until her wedding and didn't need a rush and I had 7 months, same thing.  Both of our dresses were in a month before our weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards