Options

B&M Tuesdays....

What are your rants girls?

Hisbeloved go ahead..lol

Re: B&M Tuesdays....

• Options
    edited December 2011

I guess I'll go first.

I need to get back in shape asap but i have no time. why? I ASK MYSELF THE SAME QUESTION! There will be times where I'm extremely motivated and there will  be times where I put it off and tell myself that "tomorrow" will be the day. -Sighs.

God, help me change my ways!

(I think this is more of a confession...thursday came early for me)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    haha.. Steph you are exactly like me.

I was going to B&M but too many great things happened today.
    FI booked our honeymoon.. we are going to St. Lucia (Sandals) for a WEEK! I think he spent to much but he spoils me rotten.
    Found out I have 12 sessions with a personal trainer left at my gym.
    FI said he will work out with me so I will stay motivated!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:3a5684bd-6aa1-41a8-9a05-7b1683cece03Post:098897be-143a-4741-8cf4-b918a8eff631">Re: B&M Tuesdays....</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha.. Steph you are exactly like me. I was going to B&M but too many great things happened today. FI booked our honeymoon.. we are going to St. Lucia (Sandals) for a WEEK! I think he spent to much but he spoils me rotten. Found out I have 12 sessions with a personal trainer left at my gym. FI said he will work out with me so I will stay motivated!
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

1. I'm glad great things happened today.
    2. I'm totally jealous that you're going to St. Lucia BUT I'm not jealous that its a COUPLES ONLY resort. :) -giggles-
    3. I'm in need of a new trainer.
    4. I need to get back into beast mode. well, not really BEAST mode but.. you get the point. hahah

CONGRATS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:3a5684bd-6aa1-41a8-9a05-7b1683cece03Post:1e1e40af-1455-4b47-9b96-6714597c0926">Re: B&M Tuesdays....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Tuesdays.... : 1. I'm glad great things happened today. 2. I'm totally jealous that you're going to St. Lucia BUT I'm not jealous that its a COUPLES ONLY resort. :) -giggles- 3. I'm in need of a new trainer. 4. I need to get back into beast mode. well, not really BEAST mode but.. you get the point. hahah CONGRATS!
    Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]

Well when you come in a couple weeks we will go work out. I can get you in I think one day for free! Otherwise we can go running in the park behind FI's house.
    Yea we like it because it's couples and we don't have to worry about kids running around or watching out for them. I would hate to drink too much around kids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha.... I forgot B&M day was Tuesday!

In a nutshell, we've been having some issues with his family. Again. This time about naming the baby. I've had a girls' name picked out since I was fifteen - that's ten years of wanting this name. Turns out that FI doesn't like the first name, but he told me I could keep the middle name if we went with an Indian first name. I'm okay with this compromise. It's important to me that ifwehavea girl, she gets to have a name that reflects both the Indian and American cultures in her heritage; a boy can have an all-Indian name, because Kidlet has an American first name and a family middle name.

Well, his parents announced the other day that it's tradition to have a Hindu priest determine what letter the first name should start with, and that all the kids, even girls, get their father's name as a middle name. I don't agree with the middle name bit and FI was with me on it. And then yesterday he's on the phone with his mom and she basically bullies him into agreeing to do it. This isn't the first time his family has superceded me, and most of the time I don't mind because it's nothing terribly important to me. But this is INCREDIBLY important to me, especially after I had already let go of half of the name I've wanted to use for the last ten years. I figured keeping the middle name I wanted was a good enough compromise and I'm not really willing to compromise any further. I was infuriated with him and I didn't talk to him for almost three hours last night because I couldn't even look at him without crying and wanting to chuck a book at his head.

We talked it out after I cooled off enough that I wasn't gonna injure him, and have decided to offer the following compromise to his parents. They can go to a Hindu priest or whatever (I find this odd since neither of them is Hindu) and determine what letter the first name can start with. Hell, they can even give us a list of "acceptable" first names for us to choose from. But we are KEEPING the middle name that I want and I will not be bullied into letting go of that name too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    His Beloved One, I feel your pain on the name thing.  At least in FI's culture, not only are all babies given their dad's name as a middle name, but women also take their husband's name as their middle name when they get married.

My middle name was given to me by my parents in honor of someone special, and there's no way I'm changing it.  (That and if I took my FI's first name as a middle name, my initials would be ASS.)  Same with babies - if/when we do have any, they will have Indian first names, but they are each getting their own personal middle name.

We have not had the name talk with FI's parents yet, incidentally.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andamu, that's another thing their family does that I won't be doing. My middle name has been passed down to the eldest daughter in my family for four generations now. I won't be changing that - I rather like Lorraine and want to keep it - and I don't want to pass it down (at least not as the ONLY middle name; maybe as a second middle name) because I like something else better. I won't be changing my FIRST name, either, which is something else his family does. These are things we discussed and agreed to WELL before getting engaged and his family is already aware that the only part of my name that will be changing is my last name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards