Florida-West Coast

I'm crying!!!!!

I had this grand idea to make my own wedding invitations, so I bought really nice shimmer paper and wanted to make sure it was cut perfectly because I want to do layers.  I went to Staples at Citrus Park because I was told they have a laser  paper cutter.

I told the girl the exact sizes I need and she proceeded to cut them.  When she handed them back to me,  both colors were all different sizes - I mean all different sizes and even not straight.  I asked the girl about it and she really said to me "laser cutters aren't very accurate."  It would have been nice if she'd told me that upfront.

Re: I'm crying!!!!!

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    awww hun Im so sorry, I have no experience or advice on this but I hope it works out
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that happened. People are so stupid!! I don't know if this helps your situation, but Cards and Pockets (online) is very nice to deal with. Their customer service is great, you can order paper samples to ensure it's the right weight, color and texture you want, they ship fast and their product is incredible. If you need some more paper and a vendor you can trust to cut it right, check them out. Hth and sorry you had to go through this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • coraleetbwedcoraleetbwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!  I have the right paper, but the wrong "cutter."  I don't know who's reliablle.  I thought Staples would do a good job for me.

I called my wedding planner, Julie at Chic N Fabulous, and she has suggested a lady in the Tampa area who can help me.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, coraleetbwed -- Staples also sells a mini paper cutter by Xacto (and one by Carl) that you can use to cut paper yourself. We did ours and the invites are flawless. We're also making our thank you cards this way. It's around $36. Might be worth the investment. You can always return it to the store if you can't get the hang of it or don't want to deal with the fuss of doing it yourself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • coraleetbwedcoraleetbwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have an old fashion paper cutter and one of those slice paper cutters, but I wanted to make sure my invitations are perfect.

The lady Julie told me to contact told me FEDEX at Citrus Park has a great slice type paper cutter I can use for free.  I went there and recut them.  Phew!

Thanks for all your help!

• LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad it worked out! Sorry you went through that. 

(I've learned Julie always has the answers.)

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards