Texas-Houston
Options

Florist help and recommendations

Hello again my wedding is April 9, 2011 and I was wondering how far in advance do I need to meet with a florist for bouquets and such. I am from out of town so it is hard to schedule but I come to Houston very often. I just dont want to be too early or far behind. Also can you tell me what florist you went thru and do you recommend them? Thanks!

Re: Florist help and recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning my Houston wedding from California and booked almost all of my vendors based on phone and email only. For the ones I was unsure about, I arranged a weekend when I was in town and met with all of the vendors in one weekend.

I don't think it's ever too early to start looking at vendors. If you get contracts signed before fall/winter, you may be able to take advantage of 2010 pricing before they raise prices for 2011.

• Options
    Celeste19Celeste19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just met with two florist the last couple of weeks and my wedding is April 30th, probably a little early, but the florist did not seem to mind.  I am going with Bill over at Floral Events. 
  • Options
    kmb6881kmb6881 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been told 3 months out is a safe bet. I just finalized with Jana's Flowers in the Heights. They were awesome in helping me think through what would work and their prices are very reasonable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mksmith5mksmith5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how big your wedding is and who your florist is.  I have to disagree with 3 months being safe.  My wedding is for 100 ppl, and the florists I've looked at say they usually fill up 6-9 months in advance.  If it's a small wedding, they might be able to add you in only 3 months out, but they only handle a certain number of large weddings on any given day.  Also, if they are completely wide open, and 3months out, you might want to question why no one has booked with them.
  • Options
    EmF2011EmF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, my wedding isnt for over a year and that was part of my top 5. Im just trying to decide which florist to go with now..  That is the HARD part..

Em
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go with Sheli at Village Flowery on Kirby - she is amazing to work with and my flowers were beautiful at the wedding.  As far as timing, it's never too early to meet with her - I'd do sooner rather than later. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards