Pennsylvania-Central
Options

need help deciding on my dress!!!!

So, I thought I knew which dress was THE ONE, but now I've found another I love!  I'd love some opinions girls!  Here are my two options...

Alfred Angelo Cinderella... so hard to see in the pics, but the top layer of tulle is covered in glitter... so cute!

OR

Mori Lee

sorry for so many pics, but I wanted to show some of the pretty details on this one... AND it fits me off the rack and is less than half the price of the afred angelo!  I need honest opinions girls... which looks better.  And please pardon my facial expressions, I was trying to corral a very excited 4 year old while I tried these on :)
Bioliciousness

Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above. ~ gia maria carangi

Re: need help deciding on my dress!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to see larger pics without clicking on each one individually, you can click on my bio.  If I could combine the top of the Mori Lee with the bottom of the Alfred Angelo, I think this would be my PERFECT dress!
    Bioliciousness

Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above. ~ gia maria carangi

• Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mori slims you.  The alfred gives you huge looking hips and makes you look like a football player.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both are pretty on you and will look better if you get them altered. I voted for which one I prefer, but think about what you imagined about your wedding, being a princess bride or being a tradional bride.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm the odd one out here but I really like the Alfred.  I think the silhouette works well on you and the top is just gorgeous with the sweetheard neckline.   It's simple but still has a bit of pretty sparkle. The Mori looks a bit cheap, in my opinion, and it also looks like 1,000 other dresses I've seen.  The beading and fabric just don't look of high quality to me, and I don't like how the neckline is.  Between the beading and the rouching and the pick-ups, it's just too much all at once and not done well.

I know picking the dress is tough, I had huge problems choosing mine.  Good luck!
  • Options
    stepinger2011stepinger2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I like the way the Mori looks on you. I agree with MeganBM,the Alfred sorta gives you a "thicker" football player took, and you dont loose any Style with the Mori.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_need-deciding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:63f77319-f64d-4a77-991b-83d1637bd537Post:a790c8a1-ec6c-4da8-a3a3-8ed1a8c7a61b">Re: need help deciding on my dress!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]mori slims you.  The alfred gives you huge looking hips and makes you look like a football player.
    Posted by MeganBM[/QUOTE]

okay well thats just plain snarky. she obviously likes the dress so that rude response was uncalled for. you could have stopped with your first statement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the opinions, girls!

And, yes, steeser, I was a little thrown off by the first response, but it's all right.  I've got thick skin... lol
    Bioliciousness

• Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wasn't meant to be rude- she asked for opinions and she got them.  Im sure she would rather hear it on here than hear it from the entire wedding.  We're honest!  She would wonder why people arnt saying alfred and still be questioning.  If you dont like people's answers, dont post.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_need-deciding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:63f77319-f64d-4a77-991b-83d1637bd537Post:5b15a88d-c11d-49bb-87a9-ab75d6443902">Re: need help deciding on my dress!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It wasn't meant to be rude- she asked for opinions and she got them.  Im sure she would rather hear it on here than hear it from the entire wedding.  We're honest!  She would wonder why people arnt saying alfred and still be questioning.  If you dont like people's answers, dont post.
    Posted by MeganBM[/QUOTE]
    its not that i dont like answers, i dont like rude people. and i seriously doubt that guests at her wedding are going to go up to her and tell her that her dress makes her look like a linebacker. get real.<strong> most</strong> people have more class than that, except you clearly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_need-deciding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:63f77319-f64d-4a77-991b-83d1637bd537Post:d0e8ed98-7990-4fc4-8136-fc7032a18427">Re: need help deciding on my dress!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: need help deciding on my dress!!!! : its not that i dont like answers, i dont like rude people. and<strong> i seriously doubt that guests at her wedding are going to go up to her and tell her that her dress makes her look like a linebacker</strong>. get real. most people have more class than that, except you clearly.
    Posted by steeser03[/QUOTE]

Meganbm, I agree with the above, and aside from that, I don't know what linebackers you are looking at, because she's tiny, and if you've tried on dresses before you would know that the ones in the store aren't the actual one you would be wearing so the fit is probably off as well.  People would clearly know that it was the cut of the dress because it's the ballgownish style of it, not her hips.  You could've found a more effective way of stating your opinion without telling her she looked big.  There's a difference between honest and just plain rude for no reason.
  • Options
    andy.gzz7andy.gzz7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI.... I HAVE A JIM HJELM 8962 AND CAN NEGOTIATE WITH YOU THE PRICE SO IT CAN BE IN YOUR BUDGET.... IT HAS BEEN PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED IT IS GORGEOUS !!! andy.gzz7@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards