Canada

Budget Weddings

My Fiancee and I are in Hamilton Ontario. Does anyone have any Ideas of how to have a cheap but elegant wedding? Venues and food included? Any info would be great!

Re: Budget Weddings

• edited December 2011
    Cut unnecessary stuff. One of the most beautiful weddings I've seen was by a knottie who had a winter wedding (also a great idea) on a Friday night. She used branches and lighting to create ambiance (forget flowers), negotiated with her vendors, got her dress second hand... you get the idea! I think the key is to decide where you want to spend money (ie. food) and prepare to sacrifice other things (favours/paper goods/full bar - go just wine & beer instead).
  • edited December 2011
    A great way to keep the budget WAY down is to limit the guestlist.
    This will result in fewer invitations, centrepieces, rentals, and food and catering will be less, too.
  • edited December 2011
    And dump the attendants - saves on gifts you have to buy!
  • libertaslibertas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into the book "101 Ways to Save Money and Still Have a Dazzling Wedding." I found it at a library. It's geared towards American brides but it does have some interesting ideas (including websites where you can get software for making your own invitations and programs at decent prices).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards