Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Receptions in Erlanger

Anyone have any experience with them? If you had your reception there were you happy with how it turned out? Any complaints? I'm nervous about there being multiple receptions going on at the same time. Also, I know there were some pictures online but if anyone has some pictures that i could see that would be great! 

Any information would be super helpful! TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Receptions in Erlanger

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That was my problem with some of the Receptions locations. I want privacy and not worrying about party crashers and other functions going on the same time as mine. So I just decided to go with a hotel, and had no worries about these things. I was not a fan of the buffet being setup on the dance floor. I would like the option to dance and eat not eat first then have to wait for dancing afterwards. The manager told me I would need the buffet on the dance floor with our guest count of 200.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was very happy with our reception there.  We had about 85 people, so we were in the smaller Equestrian Rooms off to the right.  I couldn't hear anything from the other receptions.  I've been to other receptions in the main rooms and don't recall hearing much of anything from the other receptions.  I suppose if one of them had a really loud band, maybe you could, but if you're having your own DJ, you probably won't hear anything from the other rooms.

I had two small complaints.  I didn't notice it at the time, but later realized the staff serving the cake didn't save the sugar flowers off the cake, and I would have liiked to have had them (they were the kind that look like porcelain).  My other complaint was that our reception started at 5 PM, and ended at 9 PM (the other receptions were still going on).  I understand they have a job to do, but by 9:10 PM the staff was in the room taking away the table linens, turning on the lights, etc., even though there were still a lot of people there.  In hindsight, I should have asked for another half hour or hour.  If you're having a later reception that might not be an issue, though.  What was nice about starting at 5 PM was the other receptions didn't start until 7 PM or later, so we had the place to ourselves for awhile, and got the best parking spots  :)

One of my friends commented her husband debated about getting seconds from the buffet, but he didn't see anyone else do it, and by the time he decided it was okay, they were taking it down.  Aside from that, I didn't have any problem with the buffet being set up there.  There was more than enough food for seconds and thirds!  If you sign a waiver, you can actually take the leftovers home if you bring your own containers--had I known about it at the time I would have done that, and taken the leftovers to one of the area shelters (that's what we do with leftovers from our work functions).

We got a great price there and I was very happy with how things turned out, and we got a ton of compliments.

I have snapshot pictures available if you're interested--my email is screenname at aol dot com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking there, and I was worried about crashers too. Its so open and w/so many other weddings I was worried about someome from another wedding coming over for free liquor/ or to snag my gifts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards