April 2013 Weddings
Options

I'm a stressball today...

So by tomorrow morning we will have the answer to our visa application. My fiance is going for the interview at 12am my time. How will I ever get any sleep!?

The lawyer says that it should be no problem- and that if anything we are overprepared, but I cant help being sick with nerves.

New problem...

Apparently, unbeknownst to us, his dad got arrested for something in the EIGHTIES!!! and now HIS visa might not come through in time for April. So....after tomorrow I might be changing the date of the wedding to August. The places I have booked all allow for a date change, but I am a bit disappointed. We would have to have a small court ceremony in February-April and then do the big shindig with all of his family and mine in August.

So there's my vent. I need a chill pill to get me through the day. After we find out about his visa I will be happy.

AH!

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
March siggy:THE DRESS
photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg

Re: I'm a stressball today...

• Options
    Wait why do you need a ceremony in February to April ? You only get one wedding dear... You can't get both days
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    because the terms of his visa say we have to get married within 90 days of him entering the country, which means before April.
  • Options
    I have a few friends that are going through the immigration process right now.  Is he try to come here or are you trying to go there after all is said and done?  If he is coming here, do you know which office his paperwork went to?  My friend got the office in Vermont, apparently it's the slowest one :-/
  • Options
    princess popprincess pop member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    My FI is coming here. I'm actually not sure about his papers, but everything went really quickly. we got our approval from homeland security months before we thought we would...its the interview at the embassy in London that makes me super nervous.

His dads papers...I have no idea! I was shocked when they said it could be 22+ weeks before we would know if he could come to the US in April. Totally ruins all the plans I've made haha.
  • Options
    Hmm...your paperwork must have gone to Dallas, lol.  I hear they're the fastest office :-)  Well, good luck!!!
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Good luck! I'll cross my fingers for you guys :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All the best. Hope it all works well for you guys.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck with all this! I know how stressful this must be; FI and I are different nationalities as well.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. He got the visa I found out a little bit ago!!! I'm so happy !
  • Options
    Yayyyy!!!  This is why a huge time difference is beneficial.  You can wake up and get the news right away instead of waiting around all day :-D
  • Options
    I'm so glad it worked out! :)
  • Options
    awesome news!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So happy it worked out for you guys! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yaaaay!!!! Am sure you are relieved. AWESOME
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards