New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Great picture locations in Poughkeepsie?

What would you recommend? If you have links to YOUR pictures, I would love to see them! Also, has anyone done pictures at Walkway Over the Hudson?
TIA!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Great picture locations in Poughkeepsie?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Innis Free Gardens in Millbrook
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Waryas Park, Quiet Cove Park, Locust Grove, Park on Marist Campus (not sure what it's called), Poughkeepsie Train Station.  I haven't gotten married yet, so I don't have any pics, but these are some places I'm considering.  The entranceway to get onto the Walkway over the Hudson is a bit longer than I'd prefer to walk in a dress, but  the view might make it worth it!  HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_great-picture-locations-poughkeepsie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:fbbca196-b54a-47b6-af7a-896a87b58d77Post:ff4ad136-ae03-4ac6-bdc9-d3d382979e34">Re: Great picture locations in Poughkeepsie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Waryas Park, Quiet Cove Park, Locust Grove, Park on Marist Campus (not sure what it's called), Poughkeepsie Train Station.  I haven't gotten married yet, so I don't have any pics, but these are some places I'm considering.  The entranceway to get onto the Walkway over the Hudson is a bit longer than I'd prefer to walk in a dress, but  the view might make it worth it!  HTH
    Posted by spinwife[/QUOTE]

Ditto all this!
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In addition to the other sites mentioned, there's the sculpture park on Main St too not far from the waterfront that would be awesome for a few photos.

Personally, I think Millbrook is too far of a haul from Poughkeepsie.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have enough time and are doing pictures before hand Innisfree is absolutely amazing! Innisfree is not all the way deep into MIllbrook, it's at the end of Tyrrel Rd in Pleasant Valley really, you are looking at about a 20 min drive to PK, being towards the City end.
  • Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Guest book using engagement pics from Walkway and Waryas park
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frog-Hollow-Photography-LLC/45829177661?v=photos&ref=ts#!/album.php?aid=151787&id=45829177661
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards