New York-Hudson Valley

Photobooth?!

Just booked a photobooth for our wedding! The company is Snapshot Studio and they are so reasonable! FI and I are paying for it ourselves and not telling anyone, including parents so it's a surprise for everyone! We keep hearing about how great they are but we have yet to actually experience it! Is anyone using a photobooth or thinking about it? Have you been to weddings with them? If there are any good/bad reviews out there, I'd love to hear them!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Photobooth?!

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've gone to one wedding that has had one & it was broken the entire night Frown
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one at my wedding and it was the BIGGEST HIT! Our guests loved it. It was a great break from dancing for some people and also for the people who just don't like to dance! We had a guests book there for guests to sign next to their picture. It is so hilarious to look back on it!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Lissy, that's awful!! I hope the bride and groom got their money back :( do you know what company it was, by any chance? lol

KWats, I'm so happy to hear it! My biggest fear was that it would take guests away from the dancing - did you find that that was the case at all?
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also had one at our wedding and it was great!  It definitely did not take away from dancing at all.  The people that wouldn't normally dance found themselves at the photobooth A LOT, and those that danced all night took breaks in the photobooth, just like they would for the bar or the bathroom.  The company provided us with a scrapbook where guests could glue their pictures with funny comments.  The best part is that I also got a CD of all the pictures, so I have evidence of all the pictures they didn't leave in the scrapbook :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_photobooth-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:6ab3cb72-2e0b-4252-b657-0ca9d6a6799aPost:6fbad827-9621-4280-94c3-ed28dd365c79">Re: Photobooth?!</a>:
    [QUOTE] KWats, I'm so happy to hear it! My biggest fear was that it would take guests away from the dancing - did you find that that was the case at all?
    Posted by AlliScott0414[/QUOTE]

Not one bit. As stated already, a lot of guests used it that don't like to dance, plus it only took each guest about 10 minutes for the whole process. It was a great way to give your guests another fun option!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    That makes me feel so much better - thank you girls for your help! We're getting very excited for it now!!
  • findmarilyfindmarily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a lot of weddings with it...it's fun!!! Just make sure they position themselves in an area that's visible enough... The photos in those booths are hysterical!
    We're trying to get one as well...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • whats the cost on a photobooth in the valley?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards