Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Cute/Fun Reception Ideas

Do any of you have any unique reception ideas? I do not think we will be able to serve a dinner due to costs, so we will probably just have a desert bar. Besides dancing and the normal cake cutting, bouquet toss, and garter toss, are there any other fun things we could do during the reception to keep guests from getting bored? 

Re: Cute/Fun Reception Ideas

• Options
    What about a photo booth? :)
  • Options
    If you are only having dessert, you need to make sure your wedding is at a non-meal time. Like Stage said, that would mean starting your ceremony at around 2 or later in the evening, like 8. If it's at a meal time, you need to serve enough food to equal a meal.

I've never been bored at a wedding with good food, some good drinks (if you want to do alcohol--if not that's fine too), some good music and dancing. Adults enjoy socializing with people, and it's not up to you to keep them all entertained. I think you're stressing over it too much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I've never been bored at a reception where I could talk to people or have DH drag me onto a dance floor.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    If your just having desserts, how about adding a veggie tray for those who aren't into treats and have to watch their sugar intake? 

A photobooth would be a fun add on. 
  • Options
    We're in the same boat. To the dessert bar we're adding fruit, cheese and nuts. We're also having a photo booth.
  • Options

As a guest, I'd rather see better/more food than a photo booth.  People are happy to eat, drink, and mingle.  You don't need to provide activities for them.

• Options
    Can you have dessert stations? Like serve cupcakes and have a toppings bar, or do that with ice cream. Try a soda bar? if its outside, have a few games available like horseshoes or corn hole. If people want to use them they will, if they don't they wont.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards