April 2013 Weddings

E-Pics Question

When is everyone getting their engagement photos taken if you are getting them done?  I am thinking May or June before it is too hot but I am also impatient about the whole thing.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: E-Pics Question

• We found a groupon deal back in January (which I bought not necessarily for E-pics since we weren't officially engaged) for a portrait studio session.  After the proposal, we used that deal for formal E-pics in March which will be used in newspaper announcements.  FI and I are going to do some fun pics to use for STDs which he will take.  I'm hoping to do them before it gets ungodly hot here in TX - but it might be too late for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did ours April 1st :)  We are in Phoenix, so it was already pretty warm!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Thanks ladies, we have a session in our photography package.  I guess I should just call him and ask when he thinks it best.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just shot ours.  Everything is in bloom and the weather's been great so I figured, why not?  Plus, our photographer's pregnant, so doing it now just made sense!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are taking ours June 1st! I am sooo excited. We are going to include a picture on our std's so our photographer said June would be perfect for turn around time to send stds out in September.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we're doing ours june 2nd and i can't wait!
  • Due to the fact the my FI lives out of state for this job right now... im probably waiting till Christmas.. plus I love the Christmas lights so I want to incorporate that into the session...
  • We weren't planning on getting them done, but my photog is throwing them in for free for us. We really didn't care if we got them or not, but she likes to have them for her portfolio to show other clients. So we are going to do a small session, but I honestly have no idea when.
  • We're not getting them done.  Well, my younger sister is handy with a camera and we'll probably go downtown or to the botanical gardens one day and let her take a few shots of us together, but nothing spectacular.  We're on a budget and it was either engagement photos or a rehearsal dinner. 

But just out of curiosity, what are you supposed to use these pics for?  Do you print them and give them to people like school photos or do you just have them done and let them sit in your own private album?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_e-pics-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:86cbc24c-3081-4c71-b2fe-213241f68c3bPost:a0c6262c-b770-442c-9009-6c6087f9e771">Re: E-Pics Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not getting them done.  Well, my younger sister is handy with a camera and we'll probably go downtown or to the botanical gardens one day and let her take a few shots of us together, but nothing spectacular.  We're on a budget and it was either engagement photos or a rehearsal dinner. <strong> But just out of curiosity, what are you supposed to use these pics for?</strong>  Do you print them and give them to people like school photos or do you just have them done and let them sit in your own private album?
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

Most people use them for their STD's. We aren't doing those, so that is why we really didn't have a need for the e-pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards