New York-Hudson Valley

So tell me what you think?

I've been back and forth with this and am seriously thinking of paying for my bridal parties makeup for the day of my wedding.

I know there have been posts back and forth about the ettiquette part of it but one of my feelings was - I gave them the option if they wanted to have their makeup done to let me know.They have been stressing about different things about the wedding and I was going to go ahead and pay for their maekup ....

My question is do you think it's unwise to pay for these services before hand?  I don't want to have to deal with this the day of.... but the girls have a different makeup artist then I do. Even tho the makeup artist preferred cash I could tell her I want to take care of this ahead of time and all the girls have to worry about is a tip.

What doyou think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So tell me what you think?

• edited December 2011
    I honestly, asked the girls to have it done but made it optional and only 4 out of the 6 are getting it done... i am paying the deposit tho and then just telling the BM's to have the money by July. Not one of them felt slighted or anything. Same with the hair, if they want to spend less money they can go with my mom to her hair stylist or if they dont mind paying a bit more then they can stay and get their hair done by the girl who is coming to the venue. I explained cost and everything before i booked the makeup and hair and got final numbers before i signed. But if you want all your BM's to look done up and dont want the done at home look then you might have to pay for them bc you cant require they pay for the service. Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that is an incredibly sweet & thoughtful gesture! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is a very nice idea.  Here are my thoughts

Are they all getting their make -up done?  if not, I would let those that aren't know that you are paying because they may have decided not to get it done based on financials and now may change their mind.

I hate to pay for any service ahead of time if you don't have to, maybe you could give the $ to your MOH to handle and just let the girls know, you are paying, they can tip as they see fit.

• MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **Bat937**  Yes they are all getting their makeup done. 4 Bridesmaids and 3 sisters.
    This is why I'm in the poor house cause I always want to treat people so they feel good and special. Good God - but I worked a lot of overtime and I figured that's what I could pay it with.  Let alone we're trying to buy a house but one thing at a time - I have to get passed the wedding first!

Thanks for your input -- I think I may just put the moola together in an envelope and hand it to the MOH so she can take care of it and hand it over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like the perfect way to handle it and very sweet and thoughtful.  The way I see it, we don't want our weddings to be a financial burden on anyone else. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. It's a very sweet and thoughful gesture!
    I never like to give cash to a vendor, unless it's the day the service is being provided. Giving it to your MOH seems like a perfect solution.
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a wonderful gesture! 

What ever happened with the hair issue?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's very nice to pay for their makeup and I'm sure they will all greatly appreciate it.  I like the idea of giving the money to your MOH so it's one less thing for you to worry about.
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **Sage** The hair issue was resolved w/ the woman who is doing my hair & makeup. She contacted a bunch of freelancers that she deals with who happen to be part of her team. A few were already booked but she found me 2 at an awesome price! I was so thankful that she helped me out. I stopped going / giving my business to the girl I was going to. I was disappointed in her w/ the bait and switch. It just wasn't a good way to do business and I was really surprised at how they handled it. I've moved on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_tell-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:765b40bf-df3f-4f4d-b3dd-b5127c3acbb0Post:38e82c3c-37e3-4cc3-bda7-c4f6fa1a6300">Re: So tell me what you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]**Sage** The hair issue was resolved w/ the woman who is doing my hair & makeup. She contacted a bunch of freelancers that she deals with who happen to be part of her team. A few were already booked but she found me 2 at an awesome price! I was so thankful that she helped me out. I stopped going / giving my business to the girl I was going to. I was disappointed in her w/ the bait and switch. It just wasn't a good way to do business and I was really surprised at how they handled it. I've moved on.
    Posted by MYLOVE315[/QUOTE]

Oh, I am so happy for you!  And I agree 100%!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards