Pre-wedding Parties

Multiple Showers? help...

My Father and step mother are throwing us a couples shower at the end of March and my mom, mother in-law, and bridesmaid are throwing a bridal shower as well. (they wanted to do it at the begining of March but I want to see if it would be better to break these events up by making the bridal shower at the end of feb.)
I hate to make guests feel over whelmed by so many events and I feel this is a lot to ask of people. Many of the women at the bridal shower (close friends and family) will be invited to the couples shower. Is this rude? I was thinking of having the couple shower invite say "your presences is gift enough". Is that OK? any other wording better? I don't want people to feel obligated to bring a gift but if they would like to, they can.

Re: Multiple Showers? help...

• edited December 2011

While I like the idea of taking some financial pressure off of your potential guests, the wording is not acceptable in many circles. Instead, ask the hostess(es) of one of the showers not include your registry info with the invites, or spread by word of mouth that you don't need any gifts. I would try to seperate the guest lists as much as possible though. You will have people who want to give a gift at every shower/party plus the wedding and it can get expensive. Your best bet would be to seperate the guest lists as much as possible. Also, be sure to register for items in many price ranges. People who come to both showers would then have the option of buying a couple of smaller priced gifts for each event. They'd still be able to give you a gift without breaking their budget. Seperating the dates helps too.

• kamarks08kamarks08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RetreadBride is correct. There shouldn't be duplicate invites to showers except moms, g-mas, and wedding party. But not just random friends / people. 
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Retread.  You shouldn't be inviting all of the same people to both showers, except for a very small few.  Invite your dad's family to that shower, invites others to the other shower.  It's pretty simple.  Furthermore, I know personally if I got an invite to both showers - wording or not - I wouldn't want to go to two of the exact same events for the exact same person.  People are busy, man. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards