Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Invites to out of state guests???

For my bridal shower, do I need to send out invitations to guests that are out of state and I know they can't make it to the shower because they are already making the expense for the wedding?

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bridal Shower Invites to out of state guests???

• In my family, the out of state relatives do get an invite.  It's family policy, so to speak.  I did not ask my hostess to extend any invitations to out of state friends (my shower was back in my hometown) as we were getting together for a girls night later.

(And just to be clear, I didn't do any of the inviting to my shower; my MOH/shower hostess did.  You shouldn't actually issue your own invites, but it is okay to provide feedback on the guest list.)
    Anniversary

• For my showers, OOT guests were still sent an invitation. That way it's up to them whether they want to make the trip or not. I've attended showers where people have come in from other states, so I would let the guest decide.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Thanks - my MOH/Sister is sending out the invites but she is getting the majority of the guest list from me.  I'll let my sis know.  She will have to order more invitations in a hurry. 
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We invited close out of state relatives (as in a car ride taking a couple of hours) and did not invite farher out of state relatives (as in plane ride). 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards