Getting in Shape
Options

Getting rid of Cellulite?

Hi, I am 23 and I have Cellulite... now that I got that off my chest. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried to get rid of it before and succeeded? Has anyone tried any programs to get rid of cellulite? Has it worked? What were your results like?

Thank You for the feedback!

Re: Getting rid of Cellulite?

• Options
    Hi bjwiss! 
    Welcome to the board :) 
    We all have our problem areas, things we're insecure or ashamed of, etc. I'm sure you're not the only 23 year old with this issue. 

I'm sure you have heard this before, but cellulite is based off of two main things: 
    Exces Fat and, more importantly, genetics. 
    I know. That sucks. But it's true. 
    That probably explains why you have cellulite at your age. It's just.. in the genes. 

FOr that reason, there aren't many "programs" that would show REAL, long-lasting results. Gym Gym Gym Gym Gym is the ultimate answer. The more you tighten your muscles up and shed the excess fat, the less you will have. 

This is an article that goes into a little more detail about the casues, and "programs" out there that claim to help. 

• Options
    Do you recommend any particular excercises?
  • Options
    Anything that is hamstring oriented (I'm guessing that's where your trouble area is?). 
    Thinks squats and lunges, along with running or any higher intensity cardio work out :) 
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the convo.  I've had cellulite for years and have tried so much to get rid of it.  Exercising works, but you literally need to work your butt off to get rid of it.  As a supplement to my leg workouts, I use the Nivea Cellulite serum.  It really does help smooth your skin but when you stop using it, your cellulite will come back within a few days.
  • Options
    Cardio lots of cardio
  • Options
    I, too, have cellulite. I've recently lost only 11 pounds (but also 7% of my body fat), and I have seen a drastic reduction in cellulite and have lost inches. I have done cardio (elliptical and stairmaster) along with some targeted weight training (lunges and squats). Lotion never helped me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards