Indiana

Need A Healthy Diet that works.....

I've always been "the big girl" and on my day walking down the asile to the love of my life i want to look perfect soo i was wondering if anyone knew any Healthy diets i could go on .....??

Re: Need A Healthy Diet that works.....

• brandi0507brandi0507 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My SIL lost 80 pounds by going to Zumba 4 or 5 days a week and only drinking things that have 0 calories. It took her about 4 or 5 months but she looks amazing. 
  • edited December 2011
    In my experience, diets don't work. The "secret" to losing weight is to use more calories than you take in, basically portion control and exercise. 

I've been doing the p90x work outs at home and they are killer. I've noticed so much  more definition in my arms and legs and slimmer waist line.

As far as eating, cut out soda/juice/specialty coffees and replace them with water. It's silly to drink away your daily calories. Go for fresh fruits and veggies for snacks. Don't feel like you can't have a cookie or slice of cake or whatever junk food you want, just have maybe half. Depriving yourself will only cause you to binge later. Eat a good breakfast, something with a lot of fiber to keep you full like steel cut oatmeal or greek yogurt. It helps keep you fuller longer and prevents you from snacking on less healthy options. 
    August 6, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cntatecntate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I try to eat a snack between my meals, something small and healthy like fruit, yogurt, or a cheese stick so that when I am ready to eat lunch or dinner, I am not starving.  I also am doing P90 and absolutely love it.  P90 is cheaper than P90X and it is still a great workout!
    Crystal
  • emilyec1emilyec1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Autumn's suggestion. Eat smaller portions and make healthier choices when you can.  It's hard when you're at work and get bored or frustrated. Things like low-fat popcorn and BabyBel cheese bites are filling and low in fat, too.

And they say the best kind of exercise is one you will stick with. Try different types of classes at your local gym or take out DVDs from the library and buy the ones that you like.

It helps to be accountable, too. We did a Biggest Loser weight-loss contest at work and weighing in every week with my team was motivating because I didn't want to let my team down.

And don't worry about being perfect...just worry about feeling good and being the best "you" you can be! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've lost 40 pounds with Weight Watchers. I find it's a sustainable way to eat and live my life. It has really changed the way I think about food and exercise.

Good luck!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just started the Couch 2 5K program to start running again and am loving it.  It takes you from being a couch potato to running a 5K in 9 weeks.  I'm only on day 2 of the first week, but it's something I am really enjoying. 
  • cmcurriscmcurris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried sparkpeople.com? It's a diet and excercise program that's really down to earth and customizable. One of the best I've found!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Monolayth3Monolayth3 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Been eating senseibly (or however you spell it) and exercising. been playing just dance for the wii. seems to be working. def looking better and feeling better.

Diet alone wont do it.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    If you happen to have an Iphone I would recommend downloading the My Fitness Pal app.  It helps you to easily keep track of your daily calorie intake and helps you make goals.  I have lost 12 lbs over the past month using it and feel like it makes me more accountable to what I'm eating because I see the figures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards