New Hampshire

NWR: What are you going to be for Halloween?

Anyone dressing up for a party or something?  As I'm sitting here deciding on my costume for a party this weekend I was curious if any of you ladies were dressing up and as what?

P.S. I can't believe its already the end of October...where did the majority of 2010 go???
April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

Re: NWR: What are you going to be for Halloween?

• edited December 2011
    I have two costume parties this year. I'm going to be Alice from Alice in Wonderland. For school I'm dressing up with a colleague, and we're going to be one of the teachers we work with. It's going to be hilarious.
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I finally picked one last night!  I was thinking through all my favorite movies/TV shows and decided to be Abby from NCIS!  So today I'm off to find a goth store!  Cool
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    fi and i are doing Mario and Princess Peach.
    we didnt have to spend any money, that was the important thing.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm dressing up as The Flash - I got a cape from Six Flags this summer so I just bought a cheap red shirt and sweatpants :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to be the devil. I went all out and got red sparkle tights, sparkle shoes, a rtutu, shirt, face paint, wig, and horn headband,tail and triton thingy. Can't wait!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going as a tree!

I bought brown sweatpants and a green sweatshirt and I pinned some silk maple leaves all over the shirt.  Oh...and I pinned a stuffed squirrel to the side of my pants!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I havent let this secret out of the bag until now...My Fiance and I are going as Peter and Lois Griffin (Family Guy). It's going to be "Freaking Sweet"!
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FI and I went tonight as frankenstein and the bride/wife of frankenstien.  It was awesome!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't planned on dressing up, and I'm glad for that - I didn't know until today that my town does trick-or-treating a day early!  I got home from just in time to see my neighbors leaving my stoop, fortunately FI was here to pass out candy.

Does anyone know why so many towns in NH don't actually trick-or-treat on Halloween?  It seems silly to me, growing up in Maine we ALWAYS went on Halloween itself, but when I mention it to my coworkers I get strange looks...
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DrPB2b- A lot of towns do it Saturday afternoon during the daylight hours to be safer for the kids. I grew up in Maine too and found it incredible strange. 
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the towns around here didn't do it during daylight hours though, it's at a perfectly normal time for trick-or-treating, just a day early.  Oh well...I just feel bad for my neighbors, I only found out about the day difference through work, and only at the last minute; my neighbors just moved here and LOVE Halloween, but missed the whole thing because there's no real notice for the town, and neither of us have children.

Oh well, next year I suppose!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards