Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

love the venue..hateee the chairs..help!!!

I really need some help. I finally fell in love with a venue for our price range but the chairs are hideous and have nothing to do with our theme and color. Does anyone know where I can rent reasonably priced chair covers in NJ?!?!?!?!?!?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: love the venue..hateee the chairs..help!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_love-the-venuehateee-the-chairshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:c9b919d2-29df-410c-a2ec-631e126ec6d5Post:1346d260-fd1f-4aaf-8e6e-78f9dbc6211c">love the venue..hateee the chairs..help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really need some help. I finally fell in love with a venue for our price range but the chairs are hideous and have nothing to do with our theme and color. Does anyone know where I can rent reasonably priced chair covers in NJ?!?!?!?!?!?
    Posted by Serenity2432[/QUOTE]

Your venue doesn't offer chair cover rentals? Most do in my experience. That's usually the most economic way, there are chair cover rentals companies. Most charge around $5 a chair in South Jersey....a quick google search should get you some results.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you post this on your local board (links to the left), you are likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Just rent better chairs.  You can rent the white wooden padded chairs for about $2/each.
  • thank you guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nobody. Will be looking at. The chairs.

Save your money.
  • We got our chair covers and sashes through the venue.  But I also agree that no one will be looking at the chairs as long as they are comfortable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually disagree that people don't look at the chairs.  If I look at anything decor wise at a wedding, I look at the chairs.  There are more chairs than anything else in the room, so they make the most impact.  I'd rather have no centerpiece and nice chairs, but that's just me. 

OP, I'd suggest just renting new chairs.  For the price of renting covers, you could simply rent nicer looking chairs that don't need covers.  Or you could make your own covers.  $5 for a chair cover is absurd to me- that's what we're paying for chiavari chairs.  The wooden padded seats for $2 sound perfect to me.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Before running out and renting new chairs make sure your venue will allow you to because they may have chair covers that they want you to rent from them or a company they use.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have been going back and forth with someone selling new silver chair covers! Under the classifieds... Looking for 125 chair covers not sure I want silver check em out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards