Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal dinner banquet issue

I'm having a bit of an issue with finding a place that is reasonably priced for our rehearsal dinner. Reserving an entire room for about 25-30 dinner guests, is between $600-$1600. I figured it would cost an actual $300 in food for 25 guests. We are paying for the wedding ceremony/reception and rehearsal dinner ourselves.
We have a lot of out of town guests who will be taking off, flying, getting a hotel, and both FI and I think it would be nice if they had the rehearsal dinner to not pay for dinner friday and the wedding on saturday for an additional food expense and say thank you!

I guess my question is, is it okay to not reserve an entire room and just have it sectioned off for our dinner, but other dinees be in sight of us, or sharing the space? or is that tacky to do, with speeches and such? Im sure that we can figure out the additional finances since we are so far out, but i don't mind saving a few hundred dollars if it isn't tacky!!

Re: Rehearsal dinner banquet issue

• You don't have to reserve a whole room for the RD. You don't even need to have it at a restaurant. You could host it at your home, do pizza and salad or something of that nature.

You said the majority of the guest list will be staying at a hotel - do you know if the hotel has a room you could rent out and you could order pizza or something? That might be cheaper than taking everyone out to a restaurant.
  • The wedding ceremony/ reception will be at the hotel that our guests will be staying at. And we (and local guests of the area) are about an hour from the wedding venue and rehearsal dinner. Most of my family will be out of town and would love to put them in wedding party, but wedding will be about 100 guests, so we don't want a huge party. But want to say thank you for coming. We are having wedding in sacramento county and all of my family is in san diego. So it wouldn't be bad to not section whole room to have it at restaurant?

I don't want RD at my house, because id be making sure the house is clean before and after RD, to come home to a clean house after honey moon.
  • I'm a sac bride too-- there are plenty of restaurants that may not have a separate room, but will have a section that is still somewhat private (Olive Garden, Mimi's Cafe, BJs, Dave & Busters, etc).  Otherwise, I second the pizza idea.  Cheap and easy to feed a large group! 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards