Moms and Maids
Options

BM is pregnant!

Hi everyone! I found out in the middle of January that one of my BM is pregnant, and she had already ordered a dress in a sizee 20. (when she ordered the dress, she did not know she was pregnant) Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy for her, the only reason I'm writing is that I'm worried that they won't be able to alter the dress to fit her, and it means alot to both of us for her to be in the wedding since I was in hers. Plus, it will break her heart if she can't be in the wedding :-( Our wedding is July 17, and she will be 7 months pregnant. The dress is a V neck and flowy, so I just assumed it would be possible to alter it to fit her, but then again no one knows how big she will get!! I'm so worried, I really want her in the wedding!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: BM is pregnant!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    PS. I am in no way saying that I am worried or upset that she IS pregnant, I think it is a beautiful thing and I'm so happy for her, especially since she has has several miscarriages in the past. So PLEASE don't think I'm anti-her being pregnant, I think it is wonderful!
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If this is her first child she may have some luck on her side with not showing too much. Plus if the dress is V neck, there may be enough extra that it won't really need to be let out much. 

If all else fails, either hit up DB or a department store and try to find a dress that matches as close as it can to your original. 
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If need be, just have her purchase a different dress in the same color (or one of your other wedding colors) closer to the wedding. Your guests won't care, and your friend will still be standing with you on your wedding day.

There is no reason that thinking she won't be able to be in the wedding should even be a concern.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    CddyshackerCddyshacker member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a big breath & smile b/c you have control of this situation : )  You really want her in your wedding party right?  So what matters more, having her in your wedding or making sure all of your BM's match?  She's probably fretting about this issue more than you are! 

When it gets closer to the wedding see if you can find a dress in a similar color (or one of your wedding colors) if her dress is no way in hell going to fit.  There are some really pretty maternity dresses out there! 
  • Options
    sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Well you said she ordered the dress. So maybe she can call the location and explain her situation and maybe order the dress a few sizes bigger then it can be altered?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she's big enough that she no longer fits into the dress she already has, she'll be big enough that no sane person would question why she's wearing something different.  I'd just wait until closer to the wedding and worry about it when it's time for alterations.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH found out she was pregnant the day after her Bm dress came in.  So we went and found another dress (each girl is picking out her own style).  However the bridal salon did have a belly belt to help with sizing.  They do have maternity dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If her dress doesn't fit a few weeks before the wedding either go to a seamstress and see if they can let it out enough or hit up a department store of a cute dress that will coordinate with the others.

And if you just can't find a dress let her wear a cute maternity top and pants or capris.  She will be thankful for the comfort aspect and no one will give it a second thought.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice everyone!!
  • Options
    EnamiEnami member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's some awesome maternity dresses, if even finding a dress is an issue. Sorry they're not bridal...

http://www.shabbyapple.com/c-35-mama-apple.aspx
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards