Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Bracketology is Up!

Hey ladies!  I posted the bracket in the same place the monthly challenge is posted.  On the first tab is the bracket setup (divided by type of exercise: cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility.)  It probably is nowhere close to perfect, but I tried my best! :)

So here's how it will work:
On the second tab in the file, you can pick your round one match up winners.  I will use a random number generator to pick 'actual winners,' and you will get a pt for your correct pick.  
At the same time, if you do any of these workouts for the number of minutes listed at the top of each round (on the bracket tab), you will get extra points based on the round and level of difficulty (aka, the seeding.)  You can share with us what you did here, or on the daily accountability thread (just remind me that you did a workout from the bracket haha!)

I think it will be a fun way, in the spirit of March Madness, to get a few extra minutes of exercise in!  And, though my budget is not much, I would be happy to send a small prize from my makeup-oriented place of current employment to the winner!

If any of the workouts need explanations or this doesn't make sense/seems too complicated - please let me know!!!
Anniversary

Re: Workout Bracketology is Up!

• Options
    Oh, if there is make up involved, I am definitely in! 

Except I can't find the bracket stuff.  Someone want to help me be less computer illiterate?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I may have posted it wrong, heather.  KW, can you help?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I also don't see it. But I am super in! And thanks for the reminder to print a few brackets at work today, haha.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ok, thanks kw!  I can't get to it on my work computer, but will send it your way early this evening!  Can you PM me your email address, or info for wherever you want me to send it?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kw-your link here took me to the monthly challenge...silly google.  I still don't see it when I back out, though. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Got it.  I'll have to do a little extra manual work for the rounds, but I can make it work.

Okay everyone, on the Tracker tab, make yourself a player, and pick your round one winners!

Thanks for the help kw!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Some helpful thoughts for your picks: You could pick everything you think is the hardest to win, deterring people from doing the exercises and thus potentially keeping others from getting extra points, but would you then do the workout?  You could also just pick all of your favorites, thinking if you're more inclined to do a bunch of them, then that's more points for you...many options!

Sorry the first round is so big in tourney time, but it will get quicker as we go!

Let's try to have everyone fill out the first round by this Friday (we're a bit behind the real tournament, but that's okay!)  Let me know if we need to add more spots for available players!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hm, I will do my best.  Let me know if I missed any or these still don't make sense.  I would recommend googling the stretch and balance ones so that you can see correct form and posture, which is especially important for those (unless any yoga person wants to try and explain)  I know I am terrible at stretching as much as I should, so it was fun for me to learn some of those stretches while I was putting this together.

Leap Frog: Big jump forward, in a wide squat (think frog legs)
    Quick Feet: Think of football...get in a not-too-low horse stance and step as quickly as you can, alternating feet
    Tires: Imagine you're hoping, from foot to foot and side to side, through oversized tires.  I usually do 6-8 at a time.
    Airborne Heisman: Two quick lateral steps, raise outside knee and hold for a second or two, then go back the other way and do the same
    Jump Shots: Like basketball, just jump and pretend to shoot a ball.  Go as quickly as you can.
    Balance Lunge: Put back foot on elevated surface, like a chair.
    Lawnmower: Imagine you're trying to crank start a lawnmower, but the weight is the cord. Lunge, turn toward one side, and using upper arm, yank weight across body towards back/ceiling, and lower.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Okay, so I've made my picks for the first round.

Now, for the points we can earn for completing the exercise, do we just do the exercises we picked to win? Or can we do both? Do we still get points for doing the exercise if our pick loses?  Since you giving us until Friday to make our picks, does that mean we have until Friday to do the exercises?

In case it is not obvious, I am not a basketball fan and bracketology is way beyond my comprehension :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Heather -no worries, it's not exactly a basketball setup anyway :)   

You get pts for correct picks, and for any exercises you do that are available in that round. so in round one, everything is fair game regardless of if you picked it. You only get pts once for doing the exercise for the allotted time (So 1 min in round 1, and it is not as if you do it for ten minutes then you'd get 10x the points...or we'd be facing some serious Zimbabwean pt inflation :)
    I think until Fri is fair game, everyone just make sure to share what you did! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards