Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Hump Day Wednesday!

It's Hump Day...Now’s the time for Vents, Open Letters and Confessions....Get it off your chest!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lauren & William
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
image 100 Are ready to party!
image 24 Will be missing out!
image 28 Are MIA!

Re: Hump Day Wednesday!

• Confession: I think it's great that BrideLaurenH is continuing posting these daily posts! I'm married now, so don't have much to write regarding my wedding planning, but I always read the daily posts. :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • thanks. i'm addicted to theknot.com. it's my saviour for organization and making the wedding planning not feel so overwhelming. I log in at least once mon-friday so I give it an attempt to keep up with it.
    You can still post your vendors when people ask for suggestions!

imageimageimage

Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 28 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_hump-day-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:1cbfe8fe-e5ad-443e-a275-1af5ea7f6a86Post:216fde5d-6388-4b40-a10e-12ef53a280c6">Re: Hump Day Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: <strong>I think it's great that BrideLaurenH is continuing posting these daily posts!</strong> I'm married now, so don't have much to write regarding my wedding planning, but I always read the daily posts. :)
    Posted by tdmaus[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed!</div><div>
    </div><div>Vent: I used to have pretty bad TMJ issues when I was in my late teens/early 20's. I've pretty much outgrown it, but now I grind my teeth a lot in my sleep. It's gotten really bad recently, I guess because of wedding stress even though I don't really <em>feel</em> stressed. But now almost every morning I wake up with headaches and mouth pain. Back when I had the TMJ I was fitted for a mouth guard, but that caused more pain. I tried an over-the-counter one and grinded right through it. I go for my 6-month checkup at the end of next month so I guess I'll discuss it with my dentist.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Vent: I usually don't partake in these threads but I've got a legit one this time.  My best bud (who is one of my best men) is getting married in October and I'm in the wedding.  He just informed us groomsmen that they decided that we would all be wearing suits and that "it will be nice to have something for after the wedding."  

Knowing him he'd never spew such thoughtful crap out to us knowing he'd get made fun of for days on end.  Rather, it's purely his FI putting those words into his mouth.   Knowing her, she will want to pick out everything and make everything match from shoes to tie to vest to belt buckle.  Furthermore, she's going to want to make it as "affordable" as possible so the whole thing will probably be close to $400-$500, depending on tailoring.

So knowing her style, I'm going to end up with a $500 suit I'll probably never wear again because 1) It'll most likely be gray and I have a ton of gray suits, 2) It'll be cheap or cheaply made because you can't get a good 3 piece suit for $500 including shirt, shoes, tie, vest, belt, socks, 3) It'll be some kind of crazy contemporary euro cut or style that I'll never be able to wear to work

For you brides out there, us guys are well aware of your need to see your wedding day vision come to fruition.  You may not think we all disapprove of your making us wear hot pink ties, etc. or you may not even really care if we do or not.  And in truth you and your FI will never even be aware that we disapprove because we won't ever say anything or make a point to show our disapproval (except for here on TK of course).  It's not that we care so much about keeping you happy though, it's more so that we're there for you FI no matter what the situation and/or cost, including being subjected to your terrible taste in men's formal wear :).
  • BroodC,
    that's insane! you should call the bridezilla show on her! seriously!!
    I would never expect anyone to dish out that kind of cash for that!

I wish you luck dealing with them!!

imageimageimage

Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 28 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board