Christian Weddings

XP: Invites DONE! PIP

So a lot of you probably already know about my invite/guest list debacle.  I told FMIL she could invite 90 people, she gave me a list with 214 HOUSEHOLDS.  We had a major falling out, and she "reduced" her guest list down to 170 households and paid for the extra invitations we needed to cover the difference.  She also clearly marked VIPs and B-listers on her new submission.  FI and I went through her list and found it to be unsatisfactory.  Still way too many people and 99% of them people we don't know.  Since we don't want random guests, and we don't want to look like we're grabbing for gifts, we made the decision together to simply not invite FMIL's B list.  Like, at all.  If she won't cut her own list, we'll do it for her.

A lot of you also know that I decided to address my invitations by hand.  And I have carpal tunnel syndrome.  Strangely enough, I only made about a half a dozen mistakes and my CTS never really flared up during the process.  Probably because I spread it out over a week and a half.

Well, 167 invitations later, here I am.  I had to put them in 4 separate stacks to keep them from falling over!

These are going in the mail first thing tomorrow morning and I am PUMPED!  I actually have about a dozen more that need to be done for which I am still waiting on addresses.

I feel like I am inviting everyone everywhere to my wedding.  And at this point, I just don't care anymore.  We found out that the venue could handle anywhere from 25-75 more people than we thought depending on room configuration, so we have the room.  And FMIL is paying for the flowers and food, so if we need more food and more centerpieces, it's her problem.  So I'm like what the heck?  Anybody free on November 19?  You guys wanna come to my wedding?  Lol.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: XP: Invites DONE! PIP

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh girl, you better add me to that list. ;) Just kidding. Alabama is a liiiitle ways away from the Northwest.

Glad they're done, though. Just don't cave and invite more people. Throw the extra invites out!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah, we can road trip!

Congrats on getting your invites done, A!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm there! ;) Congrats!! You know that when the invites go out, it's really happening!! Woohoo!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome!! It will be a relief when they are all in the mail and you don't have to worry about them!!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! That's a huge check. What's your total # of people invited? Does your FMIL know you cut the B list? I don't blame you at all, I didn't want strangers at my wedding either. I'm glad you and your FI made the best decision for you. 

And I have never been to Alabama. I think I have second or third cousins there somewhere, though. So I'm there! Haha. 
  • edited December 2011
    FMIL does not know yet that we are cutting her B-list.  And to be honest, I'm not sure how many people those 167 invites translate into.  FMIL just put "and family" with all of the people who have kids.  For all I know those families could have 1 kid or 7.  And I'm too tired to ask her, lol.  If I had to guess, I would say about 325.  Plus I'm taking one invite to work to hang on the bulletin board because I'm inviting all 2 dozen of my coworkers and their families (couldn't decide where to draw the line on who to invite and not to invite - so I decided to make it an open invitation and see who comes).
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Yay, I am glad they are done!! Sorry to hear about the drama with the guest list.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-invites-done-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:4d0ab51e-e1f9-4d29-ba0a-a9c6fdac1020Post:66b0740b-6bcc-4b4e-8050-8a61b0d5cfed">Re: XP: Invites DONE! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah, we can road trip! Congrats on getting your invites done, A!
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

I am IN! H can bach it up while we're gone. He'll survive ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards