Chit Chat

Darn you all.....

For getting me hooked on Catfish (haha, totally didn't mean that to come out so punny, but hey, it works).  Laughing

Such an addictive show!  The two main guys, Nev and Max, are kinda awesome and hysterical.  Not to mention such great insight sometimes.  Some of the episodes have made me mad, while others have just made me want to hug the poor people.  My favorite part is the "one month later" bit they do.  I like seeing how they ended up, usually affected in a positive way regardless of their online relationship turned out.  Now I really want to see the movie that started it all.  Anyone know if it's available for streaming online anywhere?

Thanks again for introducing me to this shos!
Anniversary

Re: Darn you all.....

• I think you can find the movie at Redbox. Check their website first, and you can reserve it. 
    Not to be all hipster, but H and I went to see it in theaters back in 2010 and I raved about it to everyone and people just looked at me funny for watching a movie about fish. *sigh*

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_darn-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:eca843ea-f6f0-4f80-822c-2696fef12c17Post:15ed88c7-0d6c-4874-8ea4-c10b51e4e4d3">Re: Darn you all.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have MTV.  Can someone explain to me how the term catfish came about?  I understand what it's referring to but I don't understand WHY they're calling them catfish.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>That I have not figured out.  So far they haven't mentioned it in the episodes that I have seen.  </div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_darn-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:eca843ea-f6f0-4f80-822c-2696fef12c17Post:fe927e7e-665a-496d-9d51-d3e9fbf56962">Re: Darn you all.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they do will you let me know?  I'm guessing if I ever see any of the show it will be a long time from now.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>Totally.  Maybe it's mentioned in the movie.  In the mean time, hopefully someone else knows.</div>
    Anniversary
  • At some point towards the end of the movie, one of the family members of the girl who faked an online profile explains that catfish keep other fish active, making them more productive members of the school (and, eventually, better to eat).  He likens these catfish to people like the girl who faked an online profile, explaining that people like her keep others active.

Yeah, it made more sense in the context of the movie.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsKaiser- It's probably not on Netflix (the movie might be, but I think the TV show is still in its first season), but they have a bunch of episodes up on MTV's website.  It also might be on Demand.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • The show is new and not on Netflix yet.  The movie is only available on DVD. Frown

Full episodes of the show are available for free on mtv.com though. Smile
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_darn-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:eca843ea-f6f0-4f80-822c-2696fef12c17Post:a882fe0a-afd8-4f21-bbb6-3d5289c7981d">Re: Darn you all.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]At some point towards the end of the movie, one of the family members of the girl who faked an online profile explains that catfish keep other fish active, making them more productive members of the school (and, eventually, better to eat).  He likens these catfish to people like the girl who faked an online profile, explaining that people like her keep others active. Yeah, it made more sense in the context of the movie.
    Posted by daubachsgirl23[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the explanation! I think that comparison makes even more sense when you consider the "better to eat" part.  The more the catfish talks to the victim, the more fun the catfish has and worse the suffering of the victim.</div>
    Anniversary
  • When fishermen ship codfish (I think, could be the wrong fish, I only know bbq, not fish), they used to arrive in America all weak, no muscle, and basically awful to eat. So they started tossing a few catfish in there to nip at them and keep them agile, and therefore, more tasty.

So basically people that are crazy are like catfish, they keep us agile. And tasty.
    Thank you trolls.
  • Glad to have another Catfish addict on the boards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards