Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Opinions needed... same song twice?

I need some opinions...

I LOVE the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.. I am not a Twilight fan, pretty neutral on that whole subject.. but I've been in love with that song ever since I first heard it on the radio. I want to use it as our first dance song..

The Piano Guys have done a cover of it to cello and piano and I think it would make amazing processional music. http://youtu.be/QgaTQ5-XfMM

Is it wierd or tacky to use the song twice? The Piano Guys is instrumental only.. while Christina Perry sings in her version. Does it make me look like a Twilight fanatic? I really only love the song lol.

Re: Opinions needed... same song twice?

• Options
    I am also using A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, specifically for our processional. I didn't realize it was in Twilight until I watched the video...then I thought, "Oh geeze I am going to look like a Twilight fanatic." My MOH makes a good point that probably no one will even remember that it was in Twilight. I am also thinking about using the song a second time for our first dance. I think that using it in the processional (Piano Guys version) and then using the original version of the song is actually quite nice because the meaningful lyrics give the song a whole new dimension. I don't think it would be tacky at all.
  • Options
    it's a pretty song; and since you have two different versions I doubt anyone will notice its the same song. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for the input :) I actually sat my fiance down this morning and had him listen to both versions.. he got a little emotional and said he loved both the idea and the song. So looks like it's plan!
  • Options
    This song was out for a whole year before the last twilight came into theaters and it's mine and my hubby's song. We are renewing our vows on March 9th (exactly 1 year from our "wedding"). We basically eloped the first time so we planned on renewing our vows and having a reception afterwards.
    We plan on doing our "first" dance to this song. But I just found out the DVD for twilight comes out earlier that week on March 2nd. I too am worried we will be perceived as twilight fanatics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dont worry no one will even be thinking about twilight! Their only thoughts will be for you! Its your day and if its the song you want go for it girl!!
  • Options
    Glad I found your post! FI and I are actually doing the same thing...with the same song! Assuming our violin/cello duo don't change their minds last minute and tell me they can't do it. We're planning to use the instrumental version for the wedding party for the ceremony (I'm using Elvis Presley - "Can't Help Falling In Love"), and then will use the original song for our first dance.

I really don't care for Twilight either. I figure the major fans of the series may recognize the song, and that's cool. Our wedding is nothing like the one in Twilight, so I'm not too worried about people thinking I'm a crazy fan :) FI and I really enjoy the song - it's very moving!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards