Connecticut
Options

Need Videographer! Help Please :-)

Hello Everyone!

I've replied to a few posts on this board- but this is my first time writing my own post! My fiance and I are getting married this July 11th at Anthony's Oceanview. We are very busy and a little behind on this wedding planning!

So far we have our venue booked - ceremony on site. We have a photographer - Todd DellaBella from DellaBella Photography. We are hoping to use DJ Melee, He has great reviews from all of you on the boards- but we're really having trouble connecting with him! I'm sure he's really busy- but we are really hoping to book soon so we can move on to other parts of the wedding! I hope he get's back to me soon so we can meet and hopefully book!

Our Photographer gave us a really great deal - now I'm in the market for a good Videographer! I had no idea how expensive they'd be- most of them I've seen are more expensive than my photographer! What Videographer did you use? We are looking for a decent video - but it doesnt have to be anything over the top. We are looking to spend less than $600 for videographer- am I out of my mind to think that I'll find anyone in that price range?

We're also looking for Justice of the Peace right now - any recomendations? And round-a-bout prices I should be prepared for?

I'll take any reccomendations and words of advice from all of you CT Brides!

Thanks Everyone!

Re: Need Videographer! Help Please :-)

• Options
    Great question! I second the videographer help! I have just recently decided I really want a video, so it wasn't something I planned on in my budget.  I too am looking for recommendations for affordable videographers :)

After reading reviews on the forums, I contacted a JOP board favorite Mary Pugh and I'm in the process of setting up a time to met with her. I also have a recommendation from a friend that just got married, Krista Cusano. I have a first meeting with her this weekend.  The average price I'm finding seems to be $300 and then up to the range of $500.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this will work for what you had in mind, but I recently heard about a company called Wedit. They send you 3 to 5 flip cams a few days before the wedding, and you distribute them to your guests to take video of everything from the ceremony through the reception. Then you send all the cameras back to them and they edit the footage together for you. I only just started looking into this, so I haven't heard an reviews of how the videos actually turn out. But from what I saw it is about $450 for everything including the final edited video, so it might be an option in your budget. Here is their website:

https://www.wedit.com/
  • Options
    Our videographer is MV Film Productions. FI and I were not going to have one mainly because of the prices we were seeing. I loved the idea of cinematography and everyone I seemed to like was crazy expensive. I did look into wedit, but decided against it. Although it looks like a great idea, I wanted a professional.  We met with Matt  from MV Film Production and decided to book with him. He is very reasonably priced, and we love his style. He will work with your budget and build a package that best fits what you want. I would not neccessarily go off of his package prices on his site because he will customize it for you.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My photographer, King Vincent Storm, also offers videography services so we booked both photography and videography with them.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone- I'll look into these suggestion now!
  • Options
    yes to KVS but I think they're higher than your price range
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RI Video Pros - awesome videographer with multiple packages, one that's around $500. 

Mary Pugh is a fantastic JOP. She has lots to offer her bridal couples. 

Good luck! 
  • Options
    Carlos with Custom Made Video! He's amazing!
  • Options
    Epic Filmmakers!!!!
    counting down to the big day
  • Options
    RI Video Pros is a company i've seen suggested alot on these boards for that price range. and i've heard alot of great things about David who does the video.

• Options
    Epic Filmmakers!!!!
    I fell in love with their work, after finding it on this thread I expected them to be on the cheaper side. Not at all!! 
    Their cheapest package is $3,600 and an associate cinematographer is $2,500 ladies!

I'm crushed :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards