Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

wedding cake question

How many of you did cupcakes only, and did away with a cutting cake altogether? Did it seem like something was missing? Were the cupcakes eaten unceremoniously or was anything special done?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding cake question

• Options
    i want both lol so i can cut it and then share a cupcake.  or we may do a large cupcake and cut that.
  • Options
    we didn't do a cake cutting, we had the cake top with the mini cupcakes and we tld people to help themselves. We didn't want to do a traditional ceremony to it - ti worked out great for us and what we had planned. We took the cake top with us on our honeymoon in california and ate it there lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't do a cake cutting. We are just have two cupcakes for us that say Mr Mrs

SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • Options
    I would have been fine with just cupcakes, but I've been married before (been there, done that) and since it's fi's first he's like to have the experience. So we're getting a small top and cutting it with very little fanfare. It's easy and cheap enough to do, so I guess why not!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Having a cupcake tower but I don't know if we're doing a cake cutting yet, doesn't seem important to us, but I've learned that the mind changes quite often while you're planning a wedding:P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:73410419-ad18-4844-9db9-6a9657f51755Post:5c992c34-adef-4c7e-9be7-51f6ee7d3bdd">Re: wedding cake question</a>:
    [QUOTE]we didn't do a cake cutting, we had the cake top with the mini cupcakes and we tld people to help themselves. We didn't want to do a traditional ceremony to it - ti worked out great for us and what we had planned. We took the cake top with us on our honeymoon in california and ate it there lol
    Posted by torontozombielover[/QUOTE]

How many mini cupcakes per person did you plan for? I'm not sure if we should do 2 or 3 per person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    speaking of cake and cupcakes whose getting or got smooshed with cake.  i told FI no way you not ruining my face n hair before strip pics because think we doing them after reception.   hes hell bent on smooshing me and i think its gross.
  • Options
    I'm in the process of deciding that now! I want a cup cake tower but its total needs to be less than a cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I personally DETEST cake smooshing. It's juvenile and like you said, why ruin your makeup before strip pics? Most people I talk with about that tradition think it's redonkulous too. I'd be upset if I told my FI no smooshing and did it anyway. It would show me hd didn't respect md enough to takd my feelings into consideration. If he insists , maybe you can compromis with letting him dab a littld icing on the tip of your nose? Something cutesy like that might be okay
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yea true i told him if you smoosh you will be sleeping on floor or in tub.  there would be no after woo woo time lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-cake-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:73410419-ad18-4844-9db9-6a9657f51755Post:100beb3f-d0cf-4921-aaa8-652202f68378">Re: wedding cake question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding cake question : How many mini cupcakes per person did you plan for? I'm not sure if we should do 2 or 3 per person.
    Posted by icefog34[/QUOTE]

<div>we had 62 guests, and we had 8 dozen (4 different flavours) i thought that would be way too much, but husband really wanted that many, but it worked out fine - there were definitely some left over, but probably less than a dozen?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yummm left over cupcakes mmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    yeah.. I have been thinking of a top tier and then a lot of cupcakes.. with diff flavors..

Still trying to find a baker to use.. I really wanted pyp.. but they will be gone by July
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    how bout retro or freeds
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards