South Carolina

Planning a Charleston wedding from Cleveland, Ohio!

Hi everyone! My fiancee and I are planning our March 16, 2013 wedding in Charleston from Cleveland, Ohio, and had some questions about local vendors, etc that some of you could maybe answer! Our ceremony and reception is at the Harbour Club...

Florists...we have heard about Tiger Lily Florists, are they reasonably priced, other recommendations?

Photographers...I would like a couple, or 2 person team, one with the bride and one with the groom before the ceremony, any recommendations?

Marriage license... we are having a friend marry us, anything specific he needs to do besides get ordained for SC?

sorry for the long post, any help and info would be greatly appreciated!

Kelsey

Re: Planning a Charleston wedding from Cleveland, Ohio!

• My daughter is using Branch Designs, who comes highly recommended.  Her prices are reasonable and the arrangements of hers that I've seen online are lovely.

The photographer we are using is Amy Prikazsky (who also came highly recommended).  She will have a second photographer with her for the wedding and reception.  So far she's done my daughter's engagement pictures and bridal pictures and we are very pleased with her work and prices. 

If your friend is a SC notary public, I believe that is all he needs in order to marry you (in addition to the marriage license, of course.)  Otherwise, I'm not sure about that question. 

As you may already know, as the #2 wedding destination in the U.S.,a lot of things wedding related seem to be pricier here than elsewhere.

Good luck!
  • Hi! I'm also getting married in Charleston! (And I was born in Parma, Ohio!)

I don't know about florists yet, as I haven't actually ordered or researched flowers. And I also am not sure about the SC officiant question - though we are also having a friend marry us, I just don't know the process since he is in Charleston and handling that part... You will have to get your marriage license, of course, but the good thing about SC is your marriage license never expires, so you can get it whenever you're in town next.

Regarding photographers, what kind of style are you looking for - photojournalist? more fashiony? Also, what's your budget-range? I'm out of Charlotte, so I know a slew of photographers, if you give me more details, I can give you some websites to check out.

Happy planning!
  • Thanks everyone this is so helpful! Our price range for the photographer is between $2000-2500, which I'm not even sure if this is reasonable since Charleston does seem to have higher prices than elsewhere. Picking a photographer is my next big move, but I am also wondering about hair salons my girls and I can get our hair done the day of?? Somewhere that can accommodate 8 people and specialize in wedding do's! 
  • Hi Kelsey!  I am a photographer in S.C.  I do travel and absolutely love capturing weddings in Charleston and beyond.  My website is susangrayphotographer dot com.  I have a $2195 package and $2495 package.  The $2495 package includes two photographers and a wedding album.  Call me at 864 201 8395 if you would iike to discuss my photography services.  Also, I can be found on Facebook under Susan Gray and Susan Gray Photography.

In S.C. a notary public can marry you.  Have your friend contact the Secretary of State for SC and apply for a notary license.  Cost is $25.  Very easy.  If the location you are getting married at requires an ordained minister, then contact Penny Reynolds at Reynolds Treasures in Mt. Pleasant, SC.  She is also on Facebook.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.  Kindest regards, Susan Gray
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards