Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

All White Candy Bar?

Okay, so I LOVE the idea of an all white candy/dessert bar (winter bride, winter 
+ white = so cute!!) but the problem is that I am addicted to chocolate. I've seen some things like dark chocolate truffles, et. on Pinterest that I really want to have, but those wouldn't really fit into an all white bar.

What are your suggestions? Go with the all white and live without having chocolate at my wedding, or give up on the idea of all white?

Thank you for your input! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: All White Candy Bar?

• Statement of the obvious, perhaps, but could you just place everything you'd like to offer in white containers?

• All of the containers we have for everything are clear glass and we want to match those, otherwise I'd totally do that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is your whole wedding in white or are you just thinking of that for the candy bar?  A black-and-white  candy bar would be a classic way to complement the white and still get your chocolate!  Wink  Stick with dark chocolate (truffles) or other black selections and it will make the white "pop".  A touch of silver (like Hershey kisses) will accentuate the white and fit with a winter theme, too.  You can still do white decoration on the table where you have it set up, white bags or boxes for guests to fill, etc. 

Alternately, you could do chocolate truffles that are covered in white chocolate ... white M&M's ... white chocolate-covered oreos ...
  • I went to a wedding where the whole candy bar was purple which meant grape flavored. Im not a big fan of grape so I did not take any. I think if you imit to 1 color it will limit your flavor options and limit the number of people who take candy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a wedding where the whole candy bar was purple which meant grape flavored. Im not a big fan of grape so I did not take any. I think if you limit to 1 color it will limit your flavor options and limit the number of people who take candy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made cake pops for my daughter's graduation party this summer. You can have chocolate cake under white candy melts. (her school colors were red, white & blue)

You can have all white M&M's, white chocolate, Oreos dipped in white chocolate or white candy melts, marshmallows, rock candy (which is clear).

I just googled "white candy" and got these links:

http://www.groovycandies.com/pc/view_candy.asp?idCategory=119&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_term=101-0000003804

http://www.candywarehouse.com/colors/white-candy/

Of course you don't have to order from them, but it will give you ideas of bulk candy that is white.
  • Drop in a few silver maybe.  But Black and white will look nice.  Try Sugarman Candy, they have many selections
  • I personally do not like candy bars that where created with a specific color(s) in mind.  I would rather see fun tasty familiar candies that you, your FI and guests would recognized and love.

FWIW - I had a candy bar.  It included candies that we and our guests loved.   What like the most was all those candies gave a color pop.  It was a huge hit.  We had 80 year olds happy to see candy from their childhood.

If they rest of your wedding is white a pop of candy color would look pretty cool.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm with Lynda on this.  I adore candy bars at weddings, but not so much when they are color coordinated.  An all white candy bar means no chocolate for me.  I know some people like it but I think white chocolate is a waste of time.  It isn't chocolate!

I would rather see a candy bar as Lynda described and as we had at my first DD's wedding - lots of favorites, lots of color.
  • Our colors are white and silver, with little pops of ice blue and hot pink (the fiance's and my favorite colors). 

Thank you all for the input. I'll go with a non-themed candy bar... My fiance and I started making a list of all the dessert ideas that we could think of, and we just can't do all white, there's too much other stuff we like! Haha. 

Thank you so much, ladies! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're most concerned about colors, you can try socaps and any kind of chocolate nonpareils. Those are yummy and chocolatey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards