Texas-Austin

Bachelorette Party Ideas?

My MOH is starting to fret that she has no idea what to do. I am pretty much game for anything but the #1 concern is I do not want to be a financial burden on her.
I have considered Fredericksburg bc I love it but I am torn that it is too quiet. My cousin rented a house there a couple times with its own hot tub and it was a blast! But last time I was down there was a bachelorette party following us around to the wineries and TBH - they were OBNOXIOUS. And we're a pretty rambunctious crowd.
I have also considered San Antonio riverwalk... 6th street just seems so overdone to me but as long as I have my girls I am sure I will enjoy it!

Any other ideas? I would have killed to float the river but since we're looking at February that idea is out.

I'd appreciate the feedback!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas?

• JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For what it is worth, we did San Antonio/the Riverwalk for one of my best friends bachelorette's last summer. It was a freaking blast - we had SO much fun. And it got us out of Austin, which was nice. One of the bridesmaids managed to priceline a great hotel, not too far, and we all had adjoining rooms.

For mine we did South Padre, also a blast, but may be a bit pricier? Partly because we flew. We got an amazing deal at the Sheraton resort on the Island, we had a two bedroom condo (with kitchen) and it slept all 7 of us. Almost all the girls were coming in from out of town though, so we also did a long weekend - since we don't get to spend much time together anymore. But having the kitchen saved us TONS of money - we just brought our own beer, wine, etc. And ate a bunch of our meals in the room....

• sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not trying to get fancy or expensive with it. We're doing dinner, kareoke, and then going out to 6th street somewhere for dancing.
  • edited December 2011
    Karaoke rocks!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you end up having to stay in Austin, the new W hotel will be open by February.  Its gonna have 2 different bars and a swanky restaurant. My girls took me to the W in Dallas and we had a blast. They are just very 'party- oriented' hotels, from the music to the decor, etc. Just a thought!

PS- i have nothing to do with the W, promise!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Riverwalk is a great idea as well. Most of my bridesmaids live in Dallas and most of the groomsmen do as well so we will be in Dallas for the bachelorette and bachelor parties but we plan to spend the weekend in the West End and on Lower Greenville which are very similar to the Riverwalk.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • tkalaurietkalaurie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bachlorette party was this past weekend.  One of my bridesmaids found a lake house that we rented for the night out in Lakeway on Lake Travis.  It slept like 13 people (in beds--you could cram more in there on air mattresses and on the couch).  It was a blast.  We went out to dinner at Carlos and Charlies, but I kind of wish we would have just hung out at the house all night and ordered in pizza or something.  It was nice to not have to worry about driving or parking or making sure you don't lose anyone.  They got a pretty good rate on the house b/c it's out of season for the lake.  The address is 130 Star   Lakeway, Texas.  If you are interested, check it out.  I'm sure you can find it if you google it.  If you have a bunch of girls staying the night, it's a pretty good deal and way more spacious than a hotel room and has a fully stocked kitchen.  It was everything I wanted and more for my bachlorette party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards