Massachusetts-Boston
Options

What is your favorite red wine? Looking for ideas for wedding

Hi ladies - I'm looking for a dinner wine (serving filet) and a bar wine - both red.  We already picked the whites.  What are some red wines that you girls like?  We are open to everything but have been thinking a cab with dinner and a syrah or pinot noir for bar wine.  I don't know - I'm at a loss.  Looking forward to your ideas

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is your favorite red wine? Looking for ideas for wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am no help on wine but I did PM you about make up! :)
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree a cab with dinner would be great.  Greg Norman makes one of my favs.  Chateau St. Michelle is another good popular one.  

For bar wine, I'd go with Pinot Noir.  It's more well known than Syrah, so I think people would be more likely to order it.  I'd go with Mark West.  It's very popular and very yummy.

• Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say a Merlot and a Pinot Noir are good choices. I personally like Rosemont.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work in a restaurant pretty well known for its unique wine list, and more often than not, people that are not as wine-savvy say things like, "well, i just want a chardonnay!" or "isn't there a pinot noir available by the glass?!?!?"  based on that, i say stick with the more familiar cab and pinot noir.  syrah is too spicy and full for a lot of people.  

that being said, gamay or dolcetto are two other grapes that are a little less popular but delish!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mmm Pinot Noir - Menage a Trois. (but, with the proper accents! )

So delicious!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cab sauv is a personal favorite, I really like Chateau St. Michelle, and Smoking Loon. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For a relatively cheap cab, we stick with Ruffino or Liberty School as a go-to with dinner.  I would also pick a pino noir as your bar wine for the same reasons as stated above!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards